Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jhonny Gonzalez-Elio Rojas Clash Heading To April 14th?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jhonny Gonzalez-Elio Rojas Clash Heading To April 14th?

According to sources in Mexico, Jhonny Gonzalez's mandatory defense of the WBC featherweight title against Elio Rojas is possibly going to take place on April 14th. Gonzalez (51-7, 45KOs) vs. Rojas (23-1, 14KOs) is either going to take place in a venue located in Texas or Mexico. Gonzalez captured the title last April from Hozumi Hasegawa and defended the belt three times. Gonzalez has knocked out his last eleven opponents.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jhonny's been on a good run the past couple of years but I'm not convinced he's a real featherweight. He's beat shaky opposition as a featherweight and Rojas is gonna be his first true test at this weight. If he beats Rojas I will be a believer!

Comment

It's a good match up. I hope the winner gets a big name next at that weight.

Comment

Hopefully we can put Daniel Ponce De Leon in with Jhonny Gonzalez in 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
          Jhonny's been on a good run the past couple of years but I'm not convinced he's a real featherweight. He's beat shaky opposition as a featherweight and Rojas is gonna be his first true test at this weight. If he beats Rojas I will be a believer!
          His opp hasn't been that bad, he really seems more solid at this weight. He would be very live against anyone at FW, though Garcia could be bad for him, would love to see it.

Comment

Working...
          X