Mayweather vs Mosley should be for the Lineal Championship

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stone Roses View Post
    incorrect........this is from the Ring Magazine website

Fighters recognized as champions by The Ring are rated at the top of their division, with the top 10 contenders listed below.

Championship vacancies can be filled by winning a box-off between The Ring's number-one and number-two contenders, or, in certain instances, a box-off between our number-one and number-three contenders.

The only three occasions when a fighter will lose his championship status are when he retires, moves to another weight division, or is defeated in a championship bout.

http://www.ringtv.com/ratings/
    The subject is about Lineal title, not Ring title, they are not the same. Vacant Lineal Titles is absolutely 1 vs 2. The Ring title made one exception to this rule, once implementing 1 vs 3, which Mosley complained about.
    Last edited by ThunderWolf; 02-04-2010, 02:51 AM.

Comment

incorrect........this is from the Ring Magazine website

Fighters recognized as champions by The Ring are rated at the top of their division, with the top 10 contenders listed below.

Championship vacancies can be filled by winning a box-off between The Ring's number-one and number-two contenders, or, in certain instances, a box-off between our number-one and number-three contenders.

The only three occasions when a fighter will lose his championship status are when he retires, moves to another weight division, or is defeated in a championship bout.

http://www.ringtv.com/ratings/
      Right, but pac is #1. Mosley and floyd and 2 and 3 respectively. Guess they nullified cheatos win over cotto or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekscape View Post
        It should be for the Welterweight lineal championship... Floyd would be beating the man that beat the man... And Mosley would be beating the last lineal champion that still hasnt lost....

Why should it be going though Pacquiao?... Pacquiao beat Cotto, who won a vacant title from.... from.... **** i can't even remember the guy he fought for the vacant title...

Mayweather-Mosley should be for the ring belt... without a doubt, and plus the lineal championship doesnt have to be determined by the 1 and 2 it can be determined by any of the top three in a bout with good claim to it
        very true, Mosley is the No.1 Welterweight, Pacquiao only beat Cotto who lost to Margarito who lost to Mosley......Mosley vs Margarito should've been for the linel title in the first place.....so why the **** shouldn't mayweather vs mosley be for the lineal title????

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
          The subject is about Lineal title, not Ring title, they are not the same. The Lineal Title is absolutely 1 vs 2. The Ring title made one exception to the rule of 1 vs 3, which Mosley complained about.
          you're an idiot.....stop talking ****e

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt View Post
            Right, but pac is #1. Mosley and floyd and 2 and 3 respectively. Guess they nullified cheatos win over cotto or something.
            how the **** did that happen??? how is pacquiao ranked above mosley????

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt View Post
              Why the hell is Ring ranking Pac #1 at welter and not Mosley... I'm confused at that... I guess since he completely annihilated Cotto

Comment

Why the hell is Ring ranking Pac #1 at welter and not Mosley... I'm confused at that... I guess since he completely annihilated Cotto
                i'm very confused, how da **** is pac above Mosley????

Comment

you're an idiot.....stop talking ****e
                  Then check your facts before stating anything absolute. The Lineal Title is NOT the Ring Title.

The Lineal Title existed even without the Ring Title.

Ask everyone.

Comment

how the **** did that happen??? how is pacquiao ranked above mosley????
                    Probably has to do with the ring nullifying margaritos win over cotto. I don't know. Imo, it could go either way. Mosley or pac. But I agree mosley has more claim to it. But in any event they are 1 and 2. Pbf is 3. Like u said, in rare instances it could be 1 and 3 for the title, but not in this case.

Comment

If Pac beats Clottey... Then really Pac deserves the #1 spot...

Comment

Working...
                      X