Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experimenting with Intermittent Fasting (Track Progress)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experimenting with Intermittent Fasting (Track Progress)

Decided to experiment with intermittent fasting for a week or so to see how it works. Will update this post throughout the process for anyone interested.

I'm looking to cut down another 20-25lbs this Summer.

Thursday 8/13
    Only ate between noon and 3pm. About 1,800 calories.
    Worked out about an hour
    212lbs

Friday 8/14
    Only ate between Noon and 7pm. About 2,300 calories
    No workout
    211lbs

Saturday 8/15
    Only ate between 2pm and 8pm. About 2,200 calories
    Worked out about and hour and half
    209lbs (but this was after the workout vs. 1st thing in morning like normal)

Sunday 8/16
    Ate between noon and 6pm. Cut down to about 2,000 calories.
    No workout.
    Weight = 212lbs
    Last edited by mconstantine; 06-16-2013, 07:05 PM.

Well you're in a calorie deficit so of course you'll lose weight.
    Why stuff your face then go that length without food when its not necessary?

Do you have any previous cuts you could compare the gains to? Be interesting to see which you respond to better.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Well you're in a calorie deficit so of course you'll lose weight.
      Why stuff your face then go that length without food when its not necessary?

Do you have any previous cuts you could compare the gains to? Be interesting to see which you respond to better.
      I've already lost 100lbs before...put about half of it back on and I've now taken it back off to get to where I was before. I've tried a little of everything. I've done the small meals throughout the day. The body has an amazing way of adapting to the **** you do to it so I experiment at times when I plateau.

Comment

Well you're in a nutrient lack so of course you'll shed bodyweight. Why things your experience then go that duration without meals

Cary certified personal training
        Last edited by David3; 06-23-2013, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I haven't been really adhering to IF for most of this week. I started to just eat very light (200 calories) until noon, have a larger lunch, and very light dinner and not eat after 8pm which is when I finish my workout.

Still managed to get down to 208 yesterday.

Comment

keep updating your progress my man, i would also be interested in intermittent fasting since i want to cut down

Comment

Working...
            X