No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler Had To Pay Stieglitz Double Amount To Finalize

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kessler Had To Pay Stieglitz Double Amount To Finalize

According to a report by Ekstra Bladet, Mikkel Kessler (44-2, 33 KOs), through his promoter, had to agree to pay WBO super middleweight champion Robert Stieglitz (40-2, 23 KOs) nearly double the money to finalize a deal for the fight to take place in Coppenhagen, Denmark on November 5th. Kessler will receive an amount in the area of seven million kroner [max of 1.34 million dollars] and Stieglitz is set to receive around thirteen to fourteen million kroner [max of 2.69 million dollars].

[Click Here To Read More]

Stieglitz is going to get taxed twice so really he is actually making about the same or maybe even less than Kessler

Comment

Wow after Kessler destroys him then Stieglitz can retire rich and happy,

Comment

This is some serious money without PPV. I suspect they'll need a near sell-out to break even.

Steiglitz is getting PAID!!

Comment

yeah danish taxes are pretty brutal from what ive gathered. supposedly kessler has claimed legal residence in Monaco (spelling?) to avoid the danish taxes (or at least some of them). . . id say they would be lucky to pocket a third of those figures out the door. but then again im sure they have sponsorship bonuses, revenue %, etc. - so no telling how much money boxers really make

Comment

Stieglitz has all the leverage here, Kessler needed him desperately and got raped in the negotiations.

Can't think of a single time where such an inferior fighter made double his more accomplished opponent.

Bottom line was after turning up their nose at Bute they were gonna have to pay Stieglitz every last dollar they had or they'd have been left out in the cold without this joke of a paper title to try to bait the Super 6 winner with.

As I have said 100 times. Kessler vs. Bute is the least likely fight to happen in the entire sport, 10 times less likely than Mayweather-Pac cause both guys are terrified of a risky fight and are hoping the big fights just get handed to them without earning them.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              According to a report by Ekstra Bladet, Mikkel Kessler (44-2, 33 KOs), through his promoter, had to agree to pay WBO super middleweight champion Robert Stieglitz (40-2, 23 KOs) nearly double the money to finalize a deal for the fight to take place in Coppenhagen, Denmark on November 5th. Kessler will receive an amount in the area of seven million kroner [max of 1.34 million dollars] and Stieglitz is set to receive around thirteen to fourteen million kroner [max of 2.69 million dollars].

[Click Here To Read More]
              hey....if I KNEW I was gonna get my ass beat....then I better KNOW I'm gettin paid REALLY good....so I can't knock dude....leave that to Kessler

Comment

At least Stieglitz will be a wealthy man after the Kessler fight, he won't have the WBO belt after the fight but i don't think he will give a f uck.

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post
                  At least Stieglitz will be a wealthy man after the Kessler fight, he won't have the WBO belt after the fight but i don't think he will give a f uck.

The belt is a ****ing joke anyway. Kessler paid off the WBO to rank him, and then paid off Stieglitz to get the fight.

All in the name of avoiding a Bute fight and getting the Super 6 winner with the least amount of risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                    The belt is a ****ing joke anyway. Kessler paid off the WBO to rank him, and then paid off Stieglitz to get the fight.

All in the name of avoiding a Bute fight and getting the Super 6 winner with the least amount of risk.
                    That's Boxing for you these days.

Comment

Working...
                    X