No announcement yet.

Damage pinky, hands after practice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damage pinky, hands after practice

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you ever hands hurt after practice? It usually hurts around the outside of my pinky more than anything. I currently using pro mexican handwraps http://www.proboxingequip.com/pro_me...tml?pcat_id=39 and ringside wraps. Could it be the wraps? My gloves are non brand. Their gloves that our gym made to promote their gym.

It can be both the handwraps and gloves as well. Another one is also technique. Make sure to punch with your index and middle finger knuckles.

Comment

Ill practice my technique more

Comment

Yeah you're likely hitting with the wrong part of the hand. Your first two knuckles (index and middle finger) are the biggest and strongest, pinky is the smallest and weakest so if you hit with that part you risk injury.

Comment

Originally posted by ElHuracan View Post
          It can be both the handwraps and gloves as well. Another one is also technique. Make sure to punch with your index and middle finger knuckles.
          Yep. What he said. If you're hurting your pinky you're probably making improper contact.

Comment

try to land with your middle knuckle landing first. youre probably digging into the bag with your pinky and ring finger, itll hurt.

Comment

Thanks guys, like I said Ill work on my technique before I upgrade my equipment

Comment

Working...
              X