No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Admits Retirement Could Be Very Close

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Admits Retirement Could Be Very Close

According to former four division world champion Roy Jones Jr. (55-8, 40 KOs), there might be two fights left in his career. The 43-year-old boxer, who won titles at middleweight, super middleweight, light heavyweight and heavyweight, is looking to accomplish one more goal - winning the cruiserweight title. [Click Here To Read More]

Well here's hoping he wins his next 2 fights.

I also hope he's not already permanently ****ed-up badly.

I like Roy.

Comment

RJJ vs Huck

make it happen

Comment

Originally posted by totalstranga View Post
        RJJ vs Huck

make it happen
        No please don't let that happen - Huck's a notoriously dirty fighter and likes to rabbit punch his opponents constantly. Maybe Jones can fight WBC cw champ Wosiak (the spelling isn't right). It's a safer and more winnable fight

Comment

How many more times does he have to get knocked out to realize that.

Comment

this is long overdue champ...

Comment

Who's he fighting right now?
              I don't know jack about his new guy...... can somebody slam some knowledge on me?
              Also, what's NSB thoughts on the fight?

Comment

Pawel, the guy he is fighting tonight is 17-0, 4 KO. Fairly basic, does nothing special. At this stage of Roy's career, this fight is very winnable. If he wins, he will fight Krzystof Wlodarczyk for the WBC crusierweight title. Tomorrow fight, with Roy being a bit more enlightened due to a new head trainer, still has Alton Merckerson with him, I expect Roy to win this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonheart View Post
                  Pawel, the guy he is fighting tonight is 17-0, 4 KO. Fairly basic, does nothing special. At this stage of Roy's career, this fight is very winnable. If he wins, he will fight Krzystof Wlodarczyk for the WBC crusierweight title. Tomorrow fight, with Roy being a bit more enlightened due to a new head trainer, still has Alton Merckerson with him, I expect Roy to win this fight.
                  His lack of KO's makes me feel safe that Roy won't be hurt as badly.
                  I'm hoping to find some youtube vids on this guy tomorrow before the fight.

Comment

Winning solves everything! RJ is ready and he will put on a show in Vintage Jones fashion. Next up..... Wlodarczyk!!
                    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PmSpuogAPN...dad_624481.jpg
                    Last edited by jray100k; 06-30-2012, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X