No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Povetkin Clash Pushed Hard By The WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
    Lol this article is all wrong. David Haye was made "super champ" and was that when he lost to Wlad. On another note, Wlad will wipe the floor with old chubs povetkin. He is truly a *****ty fighter - and has beaten about 1 half credible opponent (Chagaev). IMO he lost against Huck, so WTF is he going to do against Wlad?
    Hopefully he will fight, unlike Haye.

Btw, Povetkin beat credible opponents like Chris Byrd, Eddie Chambers

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
      Lol this article is all wrong. David Haye was made "super champ" and was that when he lost to Wlad. On another note, Wlad will wipe the floor with old chubs povetkin. He is truly a *****ty fighter - and has beaten about 1 half credible opponent (Chagaev). IMO he lost against Huck, so WTF is he going to do against Wlad?
      As far as i'm aware, Haye was just the WBA Heavyweight Champ. After Wlad beat him, Wlad was upgraded to Super Champ, so really, Wlad never got Davids belt - Povetkin did. But the Super Champ belt is the only one that counts when both are out in play. Povetkin lost to Huck to me aswell. I had it 116-112 Huck, lol.

Comment

Haye was never the WBA Superchamp. Wlad was elevated to Superchamp status because it was a unification fight.

I hope the fight vs. Povetkin gets made asap and hopefully Povetkin doesn't ***** out again. Povetkin is the opponent with the best credentials for Wlad in many years:

1. Olympic gold medal winner
        2. Unbeaten at HW
        3. Beat three legit top 10 HWs

He'll be a great scalp on Wlad's record.

Comment

Povetkin is overrated and overweight. Another easy scalp for Klit and more 'greatness' bestowed on him by his deluded Lemmings.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
            Hopefully he will fight, unlike Haye.

Btw, Povetkin beat credible opponents like Chris Byrd, Eddie Chambers
            Dude please stop with building up these opponents. Your just trolling me now. Chris Byrd was good before he met Wlad the first time - not in 2007 when he's already had 3½ losses.

Comment

Originally posted by maverock View Post
              Haye was never the WBA Superchamp. Wlad was elevated to Superchamp status because it was a unification fight.

I hope the fight vs. Povetkin gets made asap and hopefully Povetkin doesn't ***** out again. Povetkin is the opponent with the best credentials for Wlad in many years:

1. Olympic gold medal winner
              2. Unbeaten at HW
              3. Beat three legit top 10 HWs

He'll be a great scalp on Wlad's record.
              3 legit top 10? Wow, i shall be interested to hear who those 3 are??

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                I think Chambers is a decent win for him too.
                Chambers was a decent win, but let's face it - Chambers hadn't beaten anyone and in reality was a bit of a hype job. He's also just a cruiserweight.

Comment

Who does this free up the WBA "normal" belt for then when Wlad KO's Sasha?

Comment

Povetkin had so much promise,then nose dived into a cake or whatever else it is he stuffed himself on for a good year in the run up to Huck,he had a good run before and during the Chagaev win,I think he'll stand up to Wlad and not fall over like Mormeck,thompson and Haye.
                    I'm of the opinion we should credit Povetkin for his achievements not lambast him for his unprofessionalism,he has had x amount of trainers,obviously he's had motivational issues but he's back on track by the looks of things he's really not tested himself against a big boy to get himself prepared for Wald,these last few years just seem wasted,I can see him standing for twelve rounds though,im not saying he will but he's tough and durable,and he can bang,give him a little credit guys.

Comment

Povetkin is in his very prime and he is unbeaten. He had good and bad fights but he never lost. He can box, very solid background and he is durable.

He would give anyone problems apart from Wlad. In ideal world I would like Haye fights Povetkin and winner gets Wlad but well...

Comment

Working...
                      X