Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did filipinos disown brian viloria to claim donaire???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo is more filipino than viloria

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
      sure buddy go tell you momma i want my lumpias NOW!
      I'd rather have TACOS, ese!

War Taco!

Comment

Originally posted by Wombraider View Post
        Not before I'm done serving your mom my longanisa.

lmfao what you gonna do with that, tickle her to death.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          Filipinos claimed Donaire? that's news to me, because didnt they slam him for his feud with his father?

Also how come Nonito can never sell out a small stadium? He fought in Carson with a lot of filipinos in that area but sold 800 tickets that doesn't sound like they embraced him.

Viloria is not really Filipino the guy claimed he was Hawaiian during the Olympics and never mentioned his Filipino side, that is why I was shocked that guy was Filipino, I used to call him the smallest Hawaiian I ever seen lol, his nickname is the Hawaiian Punch and Viloria only recently started claiming filipino when Pacquiao blew up in 2004 and was getting famous selling out the mgm grand as a featherweight.

So why would they claim Viloria when the guy was ashamed to be Filipino and was claiming to be Hawaiian? It's like a white looking Mexican never embracing his roots until he sees its profitable and reveals he has Mexican blood and starts acting proud of his roots.
          Why does whether or not one embraces their "heritage" make any bit of difference?

You're basically saying that the reason donaire is so much a bigger star than viloria that he has billboards and movies in the philippines is that the public realized that viloria was capitalizing on his ethnicity for profit while donaire is genuine. But the facts prove otherwise.

Donaire might have been born in the country but immigrated to the us at 8 yrs old and never returned until after he beat darchinyan. Viloria had actually spent more total time in the philippines with his grandma than donaire.

You say viloria loses brownie points for being hawaiian on the u.s. Olympic team without mentioning his filipino heritage but he beat donaire to get that spot but donaire doesnt losr any brownie points for being american.

Hypocrite much??

Comment

She seems to like it.

Comment

LMAO Dog you had me laughing so hard with this post! you got that dude back hard man, those longanisa sure are small.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                Filipinos claimed Donaire? that's news to me, because didnt they slam him for his feud with his father?

Also how come Nonito can never sell out a small stadium? He fought in Carson with a lot of filipinos in that area but sold 800 tickets that doesn't sound like they embraced him.

Viloria is not really Filipino the guy claimed he was Hawaiian during the Olympics and never mentioned his Filipino side, that is why I was shocked that guy was Filipino, I used to call him the smallest Hawaiian I ever seen lol, his nickname is the Hawaiian Punch and Viloria only recently started claiming filipino when Pacquiao blew up in 2004 and was getting famous selling out the mgm grand as a featherweight.

So why would they claim Viloria when the guy was ashamed to be Filipino and was claiming to be Hawaiian? It's like a white looking Mexican never embracing his roots until he sees its profitable and reveals he has Mexican blood and starts acting proud of his roots.
                Correct. But you know what, Filipinos are now starting to embrace other Filipino boxers aside from Pacquiao. The truth is, boxing has never been famous in the Philippines until Pacquiao came into the scene. I

As for Donaire not becoming equally famous as Pacquiao.... As exciting and sensational a fighter Donaire is, he deserves so much recognition. However, in order for him to be famous, he has to be well-promoted and one way is to showcase him in a "big" fight, like a Pacquiao fight undercard so he can receive more exposure. But it has never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombraider View Post
                  "Rey Danseco of boxingscene.com said that Viloria declared that he is a 100% Filipino and his parents Ben and Rosemarie came from Narvacan, Ilocos Sur but migrated to Hawaii for a living. He became the 35th Filipino world champion when he won the WBC world light-flyweight title dethroning Eric Ortiz of Mexico by a remarkable first round knockout.

Viloria, who was born in Waipahu, Honolulu, Hawaii, said he would have competed for the Philippines in the 2000 Sydney Olympics had the invitation from the Amateur Boxing Association of the Philippines (ABAP) arrived earlier ahead of the US Olympic Trials where he defeated fellow Filipino-American Donaire in the quarterfinals."

http://philboxing.com/news/story-77247.html

This is crap, sure he says it now, but I remember when he was in the olympic team he was always saying he was Hawaiian and even said his name was Hawaiian punch and he did that hula dance.

He only started claiming Filipino and telling the truth when Pacquiao got famous in 2004-2005 when he realized there was a market for him, but I guess the Filipinos aren't dumb and they know he wasn't really a proud guy and just trying to cash in.

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
                    LOL at the thread.

How can you say Pinoys disown Viloria when had a couple of fights already in Philippines.

Yes, Donaire is getting more better treatment due to the fact that he got more exposure here in the US.
                    Robert Garcia trained Viloria for that one fight in the Philippines when he got knocked out by Tamara and the arena was almost empty lol

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
                      LOL at the thread.

How can you say Pinoys disown Viloria when had a couple of fights already in Philippines.

Yes, Donaire is getting more better treatment due to the fact that he got more exposure here in the US.
                      He's had a handful of fights there. What im saying is before he lost to nino(a tainted loss I might add since nino failed his drug test) viloria was right up there with pacquiao in terms of celerity status with tickertape parades, billboards, tv appearances, and such. But ever since he lost he's never come close to regaining the same level of celebrity despite recently unifying while donaire has movies and sponsorships.

Comment

Working...
                      X