No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. has 'interest' in Robert Guerrero as next foe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Wishful thinking. With the kind of purses he earns there is no need to fight more than once a year.

Guerrero's got the hype train going. It's a winnable fight. Guerrero does not have the ability to hurt him. He can get a very favorable split of the revenues. Easy $40 million plus.

Then he can get a 2 for 1 and hop on the Canelo train in May 2014 after Canelo puts together a string of victories. Keep that payday stashed away for a later date.

It's all business with Floyd at this point. This **** isn't even about boxing no more.
    At least Canelo would be a very big fight at that point.

Guerrero has done more to earn the fight than Canelo, that's for damn sure. But still, Guerrero is nothing more than a decent win over a Top WW for Floyd. Same level as Pac beating Clottey.

Comment

If Canelo has May 4th reserved, assuming Cotto is victorious against Trout, when could this fight take place, late March? That's where I'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Damn........well I guess there really isn't any other fight out there aside from Manny or this. Sergio is a MW and is fighting Murray anyway. Canelo hasn't had one good win yet, hopefully he gets it against Cotto/Trout.

I don't really want this fight, it's a decent win for Floyd at best. It's on the level of Pac-Clottey. A decent fight against a Top 10 WW, but not a big or really good win. A decent one.
        I agree. However, the only other fight out there that anyone wants to see is Mayweather/Pacquaio and that is not going to happen unless Pac gets knocked out by Marquez and starts talking retirement. Then, Arum will try to make Mayweather/Pac. Beating Berto gives Guerrero more credibility and more of a right to challenge Mayweather than anyone Alvarez has fought in his entire career.

Comment

its a fairly interesting fight style wise. But I wont be paying $59.99 to see it

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
            If Canelo has May 4th reserved, assuming Cotto is victorious against Trout, when could this fight take place, late March? That's where I'm confused.
            At least nothings signed yet..... Will be interesting to see how everything falls in place

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
              Floyd has fought twice at 154lb, most recent was with Cotto. Sergio has said he would come down to 154lb, no problem. Canelo is another big fight at 154lb, a MUCH better fight than Guerrero.

Pacquaio said 55-45 split, don't make stuff up. If Floyd really wanted the Pacquiao fight, he would attempt negotiations instead of roadblocks. I garuntee if Floyd wanted the fight to happen, it would.
              You think Sergio could make 154 no problem anyway??? He hasn't fought at 154 in 4 years a couple months from now. Sergio is steady avoiding the biggest threats in his own division it seems. Golovkin most notably.

Sergio is a MW, Floyd doesn't have to fight Sergio.

I was referring to how Manny said in December 2011 that he'd take less money, than stated 50-50 or no fight in January when it seemed the fight could possibly finally happen. That was all Manny's fault. He back tracked big time on that. Floyd hasn't really voiced anything about the fight since getting out of jail, his fault. It's 2013 or never Floyd. But at the same time, Manny didn't say jack s**t about wanting to take 45% until AFTER he signed to fight Marquez. Like I said months ago, we really won't know what's what until after Pac-JMM 4.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                Clottey > Guerrero by a large margin. Not in the same level. Guerrero might only be considered a top WW because how weak the division is right now.

Floyd can fight all the Guerreros in the world he wants, but he better fight more than once a year this time.
                Surely you are joking here. Joshua Clottey will not even take a big fight without giving his word that he will not only lose, but also throw only enough punches to remind people he is there in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                  At least nothings signed yet..... Will be interesting to see how everything falls in place
                  Yeah maybe I shouldn't overlook Trout, so much to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    Clottey > Guerrero by a large margin. Not in the same level. Guerrero might only be considered a top WW because how weak the division is right now.

Floyd can fight all the Guerreros in the world he wants, but he better fight more than once a year this time.
                    Guerrero>Clottey, Guerrero has won more and greater titles/belts than Clottey, the higher profile fights Clottey lost!

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                      If he fights Guerrero in March, I'm 100% convinced he'd be lining up Mayweather-Canelo for September 2013, of course given everything falls into place with Canelo and Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X