No announcement yet.

Hello, I'm a new poster :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, I'm a new poster :)

I'm currently 175~180 lbs at 6'2 and my goal is 210 to compete as a heavyweight. My overall goal is professional but I'll go step by step. This is current:

I'm searching for a boxing gym in my area at the moment (as well as a haircut )

What I'd like is advice on training and the quantity of calories/carbs I need to get to 210 and remain fairly lean (around 10% bf)

I also need good recommendations on equipment, because it's very expensive and I obviously dont want to waste money. I currently have 180' mexican style wraps and a pair of very mediocre foam everlast heavy bag gloves which are on their way out (tearing and wearing)

Thank you for any contribution

Not that its any of my bussines but why go up to heavy bro ? If u cut down and get in serious shape you can look bigger even if you are lighter. I used to be huge and now i am a lot lighter and still look much bigger than what i really weight. I fight at 140 but usually i am like 150.

If i had your frame i would try to go down to middle or super middle and getting in shape more than trying to bulk. But good for you that you are starting to box keep up the good work.

Oh yeah... welcome to the forums how old are u ?

Comment

I would recommend you try to fight at lightheavey and focus on getting in the best shape to fight

Comment

you should cut down because then you would have more of an advantage whereas if you go to heavy weight you will be classed as short.

out of interest whats your reach?

and welcome

Comment

Welcome, I would just be reitirating what others have said but you will have to lose the hair when competing.

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post
            Not that its any of my bussines but why go up to heavy bro ? If u cut down and get in serious shape you can look bigger even if you are lighter. I used to be huge and now i am a lot lighter and still look much bigger than what i really weight. I fight at 140 but usually i am like 150.

If i had your frame i would try to go down to middle or super middle and getting in shape more than trying to bulk. But good for you that you are starting to box keep up the good work.

Oh yeah... welcome to the forums how old are u ?
            I'm 16, heavyweight is the only route I want to go and my frame is fairly large. I think I have another 2 or 3 inches to grow anyhow
            Originally posted by cja07007 View Post
            I would recommend you try to fight at lightheavey and focus on getting in the best shape to fight
            read above
            Originally posted by LDB15 View Post
            you should cut down because then you would have more of an advantage whereas if you go to heavy weight you will be classed as short.

out of interest whats your reach?
            and welcome
            6'2 isnt terrible, I most likely have some more in me. My reach is 74" besides, tyson was what, 5'10~5'11?
            Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            Welcome, I would just be reitirating what others have said but you will have to lose the hair when competing.
            cut it an hour ago
            Last edited by RurouniYume; 05-15-2011, 09:54 PM.

Comment

you should fight at a lighterweight....

also cut your hair

Comment

Originally posted by RurouniYume View Post
                I'm 16, heavyweight is the only route I want to go and my frame is fairly large. I think I have another 2 or 3 inches to grow anyhow

read above

6'2 isnt terrible, I most likely have some more in me. My reach is 74" besides, tyson was what, 5'10~5'11?

cut it an hour ago
                Respect to you. Still, 6'2 and with your smaller frame - I see you starting out Middleweight or Super Middleweight. Who knows, you'll probably be the next Roy Jones Jr. a Middleweight who became a Heavyweight champion. And your 16, yea, if you go pro like 19 - You can even be a Junior Middleweight. 6 division champ in the making.

Nothing man, just saying the truth - your body frame looks too skinny but I know from working out chest, arms, legs, and the back start bulking up from muscles and extra weight being made. So, you might even debut as Light Heavyweight but as a Heavyweight - I don't know. I look at Mike Tyson and when he was 16, 17, and 19 at his amateur career he already had a bigger frame than you do. Letting you know, Heavyweights ain't a playground that is the reason why Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali's are remembered because they became champions in a very hard division at young ages too.

Comment

I would also recommend just getting in great shape and eating a healthy diet. Instead of going up in weight and bulking up just be healthy and see where your weight goes. You are only 16 and will probably grow more.

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
                    Respect to you. Still, 6'2 and with your smaller frame - I see you starting out Middleweight or Super Middleweight. Who knows, you'll probably be the next Roy Jones Jr. a Middleweight who became a Heavyweight champion. And your 16, yea, if you go pro like 19 - You can even be a Junior Middleweight. 6 division champ in the making.

Nothing man, just saying the truth - your body frame looks too skinny but I know from working out chest, arms, legs, and the back start bulking up from muscles and extra weight being made. So, you might even debut as Light Heavyweight but as a Heavyweight - I don't know. I look at Mike Tyson and when he was 16, 17, and 19 at his amateur career he already had a bigger frame than you do. Letting you know, Heavyweights ain't a playground that is the reason why Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali's are remembered because they became champions in a very hard division at young ages too.
                    I know heavyweight aint a playground and Im not looking for a playground. I sorta feel unlimited in what I can do and aspire to be remembered the same way. Appreciate the honesty however

Comment

Working...
                    X