No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erik Morales Explains Why He Refused To Shed Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Erik Morales Explains Why He Refused To Shed Weight

Tijuana's Erik "El Terrible" Morales (52-7, 36 KO's) explained why he refused to shed off any more excess weight for tonight's fight with undefeated Danny Garcia (22-0, 14KOs) at Reliant Arena in Houston, Texas. At Friday's weigh-in, Morales weighed in at 142-pounds, two pounds over the junior welterweight limit. Rather than take his two hours to sweat off the weight, he vacated the WBC 140-pound title and took a $50,000 fine [$25,000 per pound over the limit].

[Click Here To Read More]

**** that belt, morales was going to get forced to fight the mandatory thats been waiting for a while and facing that mando is not in his plans, he wants a big fight if he wins this fight.

Comment

Not like it was legit. Still, how the hell is Erik Morales having problems making 140?

Comment

inb4 "MORALES CHEAT GARCIA ON THE SCALES!!!!"

oh wait...that won't happen because none of those people would read this thread anyway.

I'm excited for this fight no matter what, glad the young kid gets a huge bonus really (50 g's is sure to make him happy). Really surprised that Morales can't make 140 anymore. Maybe a Mayweather-Morales fight really will happen as a tune up for Floyd

Comment

Poor excuse might as well say u didn't give a frik. Either way its only 2 lbs. Shouldn't take away from a good fight

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Not like it was legit. Still, how the hell is Erik Morales having problems making 140?
            Considering he was about 190 lbs in his retirement it's not hard to imagine.

Comment

That isn't his belt anyway. I hope Garcia ends Erik's career, and I like Morales. It's just his time to go. He's got nothing left to prove. He's won 7 titles in 4 weight classes, of the course the 7th title and 4th weight class was bogus, but he's an ATG. Why not retire once Danny beats him??? He has wins over Zaragoza, Jones, Ramirez, Barrera, Kelley, Espadas Jr, Chi, Ayala, Velardez, Chavez, C. Hernandez, and Pacquiao. He has nothing to prove. I for one thought he should have retired after losing to David Diaz in 2007, but that's just me. I remember Morales saying after he lost to Raheem and than Pacquiao back-to-back that he didn't "have it" anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
                Considering he was about 190 lbs in his retirement it's not hard to imagine.
                Crazy. The guy was in his prime at super bantamweight. He was bloated at lightweight. Hard to imagine 140 being difficult, just as someone who loved Morales as a kid.

Comment

Womp, you lost Bradley's belt

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                    inb4 "MORALES CHEAT GARCIA ON THE SCALES!!!!"

oh wait...that won't happen because none of those people would read this thread anyway.

I'm excited for this fight no matter what, glad the young kid gets a huge bonus really (50 g's is sure to make him happy). Really surprised that Morales can't make 140 anymore. Maybe a Mayweather-Morales fight really will happen as a tune up for Floyd
                    Yeah I was waiting for the Pac stans as well but forgot this wasn't about Floyd so no chance of them caring right

Comment

Working...
                    X