Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cuba wasn't communist, would PR still dominate Latino Carribean boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Cuba wasn't communist, would PR still dominate Latino Carribean boxing?

Puerto Rico has produced some of the finest fighters and world champions the world has ever seen.

But I want to know how different do you think it would have been if Cuban fighters were allowed to turn professional. Would Puerto Ricans still be the kings of Latino-Carribean boxing.

Hmm...probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by koboy View Post
      Puerto Rico has produced some of the finest fighters and world champions the world has ever seen.

But I want to know how different do you think it would have been if Cuban fighters were allowed to turn professional. Would Puerto Ricans still be the kings of Latino-Carribean boxing.
      I guess that is hard to say since Cuban trains all of it's fighters to fight like Amateurs and Puerto Rico trains all of it's fighter to fight like pros

Cuba is still larger by some wide margin
      Population Cuba 11 Mil
      Puerto Rico not even 4 Mil

No doubt that Cuba would be a competitive force. We already have a few defectors on ESPN who are gradually making the transition from their long extesive amateur careers over to pro.

Comment

There's no telling, but Cuba has some potential superstars in the making.

Comment

If Cuba wasn't communist...both countries would form a huge boxing rivalry.

Comment

Well when that cocksmoker Castro finally kicks the bucket, I guess we''ll find out.

Comment

Working...
            X