No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nacho: Angulo Will Destroy Canelo in Four Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nacho: Angulo Will Destroy Canelo in Four Rounds

GUADALAJARA--Most of you gringos out there in Boxingland aren't aware of how outspoken Mexico's greatest trainer, Ignacio "Nacho" Beristain routinely is.

But, having known this member of TWO boxing halls of fame for decades, I have long known that Professor Beristain bites his tongue on no subject.

Even with my mangled espanol, sans a credible intrerpreter, I deduced that.

So it was when I mentioned Mexico's most popular and charismatic rising ring star and, no, I am not making reference to scion of the legend, Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr.

I put it bluntly to the Nacho Man before his latest world champion Juan Carlos Salgado took a hard fought decision and the vacant IBF junior lightweight title from Dominican Argenis Mendez Saturday night in a gym at the Autonomous University of Guadalajara.

(The count on how many world champs Beristain has tutored is either 17 or 23, depeding on who is counting. Let's just say Freddie Roach is the "Nacho Beristain of the USA" and be done with the topic.)

[Click Here To Read More]

Yeah right.....

Comment

I'm not sold on him I rarely agree with Ignacio "Nacho" Beristain so um I don't know lol.

Comment

I agree with Nacho.

Comment

That would be a mexican classic but doubt this happens don't think the match maker for Golden Boy puts their top dog agains't the dog himself.

Comment

This would actually be a perfect match up for next year, I wounldn't mind it, and I thought Cintron was gonna be easy work for El Perro and we saw what happened there, think he was sick or something tho..

But I think Canelo in 1 year could be more polished and out work El Perro, his combinations are more crisp and his power is underrated, he's barely 21 with that kinda power, so it'll only get better.

I like this match up tho.

Comment

Angulo isn't walking through Canelo... I've watched plenty of Canelo and the kid can box better than he can attack. Angulo would be the one putting on the pressure and he'd find out early that the kid is no joke, his timing and counter punching are at a high level. Canelo will soundly outbox Angulo when time comes.

Comment

Srsly LOLING at anyone who disagrees with Nacho.

Canelo is a bum. Angulo would murder him with ease.

Comment

I would take anything Nacho says about Canelo with a grain of salt. After all there were some serious verbal jabs between his best fighter, Juan Manuel Marquez and Canelo.

Comment

Doubt it angulo is hype all you guys act like he beat some1 so was butter bean a beast 2 stop it canelo would beat angulo he doesnt just rely on power canelo isnt a great fighter either but he would beat angulo

Comment

Working...
                    X