No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Diaz Not Bitter if Miguel Cotto Goes To Freddie Roach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Diaz Not Bitter if Miguel Cotto Goes To Freddie Roach

Cuban trainer Pedro Diaz says he would not be bitter if former three division world champion Miguel Cotto decided to hire another trainer for a planned return in the fall. Cotto's team recently confirmed that there have been conversations to potentially hire Freddie Roach, but there have also been talks with other trainers as well. Diaz has trained Cotto (37-4, 30KOs) for his last couple of fights.

[Click Here To Read More]

I have to say this guy handled this with a ton of class, he's known Cotto for quite a while so I'm sure they let it be known it wasn't personal. (If he leaves) I hope he doesn't though... Diaz is good for him and I think Roach is just awful now, simply because there is no way you have Parkinsons, with your body breaking down and somehow stay one of the best trainer in the world, it's just not possible.

Comment

Class. Respect. A straight G.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Cotto needs Roach! Cotto Needs someone!

Comment

never thought of this duo before. don't like it that much. i think roach is honestly done being a top trainer. that said, good luck to them. if cotto is actually fighting k9 next, he can literally train himself for this fight and win.

Comment

cotto should stick with diaz

and stop being a whore

Comment

It wouldn't be a problem because everyone knows Cotto goes through trainer like a fat girl eats honey buns.

Respect.

Comment

I like diaz as a trainer and he handled the situation like a complete professional. Would have loved to seen Juanma link up with diaz for the garcia fight, oh well.

Comment

never liked roach as a trainer,the guy doesn't teach defense,all of his fighters get hit a lot,cotto should have stayed with this guy or gone with someone else,someone who teaches defense and more boxing,countering,i don't see that in roach,,,of course that is if cotto leaves diaz

Comment

Should stick with Diaz, it's not always the trainer's fault when you lose.

Comment

Working...
                    X