Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Pacquiao-Marquez III the biggest backfiring cherry pick in history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did it 'backfire' if he won? You clowns need to get something called perspective, it's only $9.99 at your local grocery store. Actual cherry picks that back-fired:

Ali-Spinks I
    Baer-Braddock

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
      Too many people to quote, but in reference to why Freddie, Alex and Arum stated prior to the fight:

Let's be realistic for a second....outside of Arum, those guys trash everyone of Manny's upcoming opponents. If Manny was facing Jesus, those clown would talk about how he was shot and showed no heart by not getting up after being crucified.
      Ok Top Rank (ironically defending your username, but ok).

First you try to get me to watch a fight in fast forward. Now you're trying to get us to believe that Pac vs JMM wasn't designed to be a cherry pick.

What's next, Angulo was beating Kirk at the time of the stoppage.
      Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 11-20-2011, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Freddie Roach-"Look what those Jews did to Jesus....dude is a bum. Manny KO's this guy in 1 round"

Why anyone takes that A$$hat(Freddie Roach) an that gopher (Alex Ariza) serious is beyond me.

Comment

NO... we've seen fireworks when both have stepped inside the ring before. we've seen that both could give and take from one another and make an excellent fight.

If anything it was foolish of us to think that it would be anything other than a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            Ok Top Rank.

First you try to get me to watch a fight in fast forward. Now you're trying to get us to believe that Pac vs JMM wasn't designed to be a cherry pick.

What's next, Angulo was beating Kirk at the time of the stoppage.
            When did I state any of this? Please go troll somewhere else...........

Comment

it was indeed a cherry pick they thought he was done,they has all the advantages and manny still got embarrased,it was a great fight action packed so i was far from disappointed tho

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
                Pacquiao, Roach, Ariza, Arum, half the world was shocked at what transpired in that fight, how was that not a cherry pick? Obviously not every one is the same, you were probably one of the people who gave JMM a chance. But dude you are totally outweighed on the other side.
                Exactly! This fight takes the cake.
                Actually I predicted a lopsided beat down.

Still doesn't mean it was a cherry pick.

Hell I thought Floyd would win every round against Mosley....but that wasn't a cherry pick...rather me thinking Floyd was that much better than Shane.

IMO a cherry pick if facing some young prospect, or old @ss fighter who has no business in the ring with the other guy. Regardless of the fact that I thought It would be a blowout, I never once thought Marquez didn't deserve the opportunity to be in the ring with Manny. I actually preferred him over Berto and Bradley....although in hindsight I do agree it was a back fire and they should have chosen Bradley.

Comment

When did I state any of this? Please go troll somewhere else...........
                  No worries. You're just a pacamaniac suffering from *******itis.

Here, take a shot of this pacasillin for your troubles

I will cure all pacamaniac's of their sickness, even if it kills me.

Comment

Freddie Roach-"Look what those Jews did to Jesus....dude is a bum. Manny KO's this guy in 1 round"

Why anyone takes that A$$hat(Freddie Roach) an that gopher (Alex Ariza) serious is beyond me.
                    This is useless Top Rank, I know you are a huge Pacquiao fan. III was an intended cherry pick man.

Jim Lampley "Due to Pac's huge success, his fans have now become irrational in debate"

Comment

How can you cherry pick a guy you went life and death with twice?

Also, people complained about the catch weight, but while I said it prior to the fight, can anyone honestly say size was a factor after what went down Saturday?

And Age? yes Marquez is 38 but let me ask you this; Would any SMW and LHW be called a cherry picker for going after a 44 year old Bernard Hopkins (keep in mind almost all of those guys are younger than Manny by 3-5 years)? Also almost all the legit 160, and 154 are almost a decade younger than Martinez.....would it be considered Cherry picking if they went after a 37 year old Sergio Martinez?

This is a classic example of people seeing what they want to see.
                      Are you blind? It's a blatant cherry pick, there's a reason why they made him go up in weight. Do you remember when they constantly refused to give Marquez the 3rd match with Manny saying "Business is over" in regards to Marquez? If business is over its awfully convenient for them to pick a 38 yr old with much wear and tear moving up in weight. They had to wait for Katsidis to put Marquez on his ass for them to think they would bulldoze through Pac. Please... I bet you being on Arum's ball sack didn't think Mosley was a cherry pick either rofl....

Seriously you're such a terrible poster, 'Top Rank' says it all, you pray daily to your god Arum? Do you have a dedicated shrine with a statue of Arum?
                      Last edited by Phil Ivey; 11-20-2011, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X