Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Fires at Hearn Over Froch-Cleverly, Bellew

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Fires at Hearn Over Froch-Cleverly, Bellew

In response to the article by Shaun Brown on Boxingscene.com, Frank Warren wishes to place on record the facts surrounding the four offers that were made to Hopkins, Beiut Shumenov, Carl Froch and Tony Bellew.

First of all the offers to Hopkins and Shumenov are without question, as both they and their promoters have publicly confirmed and the reasons why those fights could not be made at this time.

[Click Here To Read More]

Froch-Bute will be big in Canada, and has a contractual duty to fight there. Like I said before, the fans don't think Froch needs Cleverly. The paper champ should offer Froch a lot more than that for him to lower his standard of opposition like that

Comment

Froch has several better options than the likes of Nathan Cleverly, who is not even in his division. Non-issue.

Comment

If Cleverly wants Froch so bad why not offer to fight him at 168 and in his hometown like Dawson is doing with Ward and even if you get beat by the more talented fighter you keep your belt at 175.

This Hearn/ Warren bad blood situation is starting to turn out like the UK's version of Top Rank vs Golden boy.

Hearn is exclusively with sky sports and Warren is with boxnation so i don't know how they would broker a Froch vs Cleverly fight anyway.

Comment

Shumenov should be obliged to fight Cleverly i agree they need to make that fight happen but Hopkins or Froch don't owe him nothing Hopkins is a 50 year old and Froch is a small supermiddleweight.

Comment

What a crock of ****. Froch has far better options at super-middleweight than moving up to face Cleverly. Fair enough to say that the Mack fight is a nothing fight, but the reality is that Froch only needed a keep-busy fight as he is contractually obliged to rematch Bute afterwards and if anyone deserves a rest fight, it's Carl Froch. I won't be going and I won't particularly be bothered about the fight, but I understand it. Provided Froch beats Bute again, he has options to rematch Kessler or defend against Pavlik, so it'll be a while before he moves to 175, if ever.

Comment

Sorry but Fwank warren is a moron, So now he wants Froch to fight one of his own rising stars? Didn't he remember how he never wanted to know who Froch was when the foot was on the other side regarding Froch chasing Joe Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate View Post
                If Cleverly wants Froch so bad why not offer to fight him at 168 and in his hometown like Dawson is doing with Ward and even if you get beat by the more talented fighter you keep your belt at 175.

This Hearn/ Warren bad blood situation is starting to turn out like the UK's version of Top Rank vs Golden boy.

Hearn is exclusively with sky sports and Warren is with boxnation so i don't know how they would broker a Froch vs Cleverly fight anyway.
                This feud has been going long before De La Hoya even signed his contract with the Golden Jew when he turned pro. That's how long in the tooth this crap is.

The situation here with the TV networks has always been a little different, though. Traditionally, there has been plenty of fights involving fighters of rival promoters with allegiance to different channels, mainly due to the purse bid process. Although, a Cleverly vs Bellew rematch would be out of that realm, I think.

However, even though I think Hearn Jr has done some decent things since getting involved, I have mixed feelings about the recent goings on at Sky Sports. From a business standpoint fair enough, but to completely eradicate all contracts with everyone but Matchroom doesn't sit well with me. Obviously Matchroom have a lot of power at sky sports because of how much content they provide with other sports to great success.

Comment

I think we're all in agreement here. The fight I wanted to see was Cleverley/Shumenov, which Shu offered with a 50% purse on nuetral ground(USA) unfortunatly FW's a greedy twat & wants it all his own way. The sooner Clev jumps ship the better.

Comment

wish BS would stop giving this dumb tool a platform to share his nonsense from.

dear Frogeyes. please STFU!. ur an idiot. and have more faces than a game of guess who.

Comment

Working...
                    X