No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Chavez Jr. Was as Good a Student as Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: Chavez Jr. Was as Good a Student as Pacquiao

There’s no denying that the tandem of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Freddie Roach had great success during their two and a half year run together.

Having welcomed Chavez into his Wild Card Boxing Club in Los Angeles in late April of 2010, Roach understood that the young fighter had been rumored to be lethargic and uncooperative in camp. Still, Roach was able to sharpen his skills as Chavez continued his unbeaten streak while claiming the WBC middleweight crown in the process.

Chavez was hit with a huge blow to his ego and career this past September when he was thoroughly outclassed over eleven and half rounds by Argentina’s Sergio Martinez before a knockdown and rally in the twelfth round came up short. The young prizefighter from Sinaloa, Mexico suffered his first professional defeat, losing a lopsided decision.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That statement in the title is an insult to pac

Comment

I don't remember Pacquiao hooked to the ganja during workouts and in camp, lol. I guess Chavez was sharing with Roach?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        That statement in the title is an insult to pac
        Man, you ain't kidding.

Comment

Trying to get him back lol Pac did turn into a drama queen later on in his career.

Comment

Roach is saying hes a fast learner and applies whats taught. Doesnt sound like hes talking about their work ethic. OBVIOUSLY. LOL hopefully pac dont own pink banana hamocks

Comment

lets be honest pac man has been known to tell roach what to do and also not following a training schedule like doing some of it in philli. without roach like he did in his past fight with marquez. all though roach said he took control but he also said it in a way like he had not had control of the camp for a few fights pac man just gets away with it or did because he is just so dam talented

Comment

chavez, jr. must be the most protected bum in the history of any sport, he's better of smoking a fatty than get on the ring with a pro.

Comment

At one point there was a big improvement, seems like it worked when Chavez wanted to learn. Hard decision because he would have a chance to get a fight under his belt if he does go with someone new and then possibly rematch Sergio after. I never really read anything that said JR blamed Roach...maybe it was suggested to him that Garcia would be better or something IDK. He is a hot trainer right now and everyone gives him a look. Unless there is some other factor we're not aware of and it's only a work ethic thing, then personally I think he should stay and give Roach a full effort next time and see what happens. Roach might have lost the ear of Chavez and might be tired of the message, there are a lot of other instances in others sports where that happens even to good coaches.

No trainer would put up with his crap and imo Freddie didn't either...I didn't see him driving to train him at the house, if he didn't show up that's on him. Garcia, Nacho, Roach would do the same, which is stay their azz at the gym and work with the guys who want to be there.
                  Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 02-09-2013, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X