No announcement yet.

How much sleep do you get and need?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much sleep do you get and need?

How much sleep do you guys usually get? How much would be ideal?

I'm asking because recently due to a crap load of University work I have had to get up early and I'm getting between 7-8 hours sleep. I wake up and feel so tired, feel like crap. Usually when I get between 9 and 10, I am feeling crisp and so refreshed. Other people I have spoken to find it odd to sleep so much, is it just me that can't operate properly below 8 hours sleep?

Weird question I know but just something I was wondering.

Everybody's sleep cycle is different. Your body will become used to the sleep cycle you give it as long as it is regular. Try and set a specific time for sleep each night and wake up to an alarm (if you're looking to cut back to 6-8 hours). After a couple of weeks you'll probably be adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
      Everybody's sleep cycle is different. Your body will become used to the sleep cycle you give it as long as it is regular. Try and set a specific time for sleep each night and wake up to an alarm (if you're looking to cut back to 6-8 hours). After a couple of weeks you'll probably be adjusted.
      you got to readin' while you were doing your time for growin' dope, huh Rick?

Good answer though. I was just going to say that I find as I get older I need less and less sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
        you got to readin' while you were doing your time for growin' dope, huh Rick?

Good answer though. I was just going to say that I find as I get older I need less and less sleep.
        Actually Tim, it was book learnin'...not sure if those two things are the same things.

Comment

6-8 hours is enough for me.

If I sleep more than that I usually wake up feeling like ****. Same thing with naps.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
            Actually Tim, it was book learnin'...not sure if those two things are the same things.

Comment

5-6 hours.

Uni has ****ed up my sleeping cycle.

Comment

I only get a good sleep on Sundays.

Comment

My sleeping habits are shitty. There's days when I sleep less than 6 hours like I did last night & there's days when I oversleep(up to 13 hrs) and feel worse than when I don't get enough sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Sake1 View Post
                    My sleeping habits are shitty. There's days when I sleep less than 6 hours like I did last night & there's days when I oversleep(up to 13 hrs) and feel worse than when I don't get enough sleep.
                    funny but i'm the same way, the longer I sleep the more tired i'm in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                    X