Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When the Referee says "TEN" the fight is OVER!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
    In that case I thought the fighter had to be completely up at the count of 10.

That's just what I always thought.
    Completely up is objective, so officially the only way to do it is by knees and arms/hands off the mat. As soon as that happens the count should stop, then ref should take several seconds to discern whether the fighter's ok to continue...Of course it never got to that point because he mistakingly counted to 10 after Cintron was already "up"... Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Cintron should of won. I didn't see near enough of the fight to tell who should of won the decision. Just addressing this one issue where people think it would of been better for Martinez to get the fake KO.

Comment

Originally posted by damian5000 View Post
      Completely up is objective, so officially the only way to do it is by knees and arms/hands off the mat. As soon as that happens the count should stop, then ref should take several seconds to discern whether the fighter's ok to continue...Of course it never got to that point because he mistakingly counted to 10 after Cintron was already "up"... Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Cintron should of won. I didn't see near enough of the fight to tell who should of won the decision. Just addressing this one issue where people think it would of been better for Martinez to get the fake KO.
      The Referee counted to 10. There have been other fights where the fighter was up (faster than Cintron) and the Referee counted to 10 and the fight was over. Cintron cried and got his way. If the fight would have been over after the 7th, no one would have complained. Cintron got hit so hard, he thought he got butted and felt it was OK if he stayed down even as the referee was counting, cuz he felt he was not hurt by a PUNCH. The referee should have stuck to his original decision and declared Martinez the winner. End Of Story.

Comment

I'm not saying Cintron won that fight...Far from it. But you really think it would of been better if Martinez won by fake KO due to the ref MISTAKINGLY counting to 10 even though Cintron was up?

Please...
        You got to FUCKING kidding me with this one, right?

Are you going to honestly sit back and tell me that a ref stoppage of this fight, over basically a NFL replay of a what a ref was half way through a Te-, would have been WORSE then this bull**** of a draw?!?

WOW.

I thought I had seen it all on here.
        Last edited by Sweet Pea 50; 02-15-2009, 05:31 AM.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a fight where the fight is stopped and ruled then changed and then continued again..
          once that happened I knew Martinez was going to get screwed.

Comment

and a fokin points deduction for a head butt that wasn't even there.. WTF!!

Comment

Originally posted by Howlin' Wolf View Post
              I don't think I've ever seen a fight where the fight is stopped and ruled then changed and then continued again..
              once that happened I knew Martinez was going to get screwed.

Youre right on point, I've never seen that **** either. HBO tried thier damnest to cover up the stupidity tonight.

Comment

Did Horus ever pay you???

Comment

Hitting behind the head, I believe, Sin. It was bull**** call any way's.

Cintron isn't going to be able to put this one down in ANY fight's that he thinks he has coming up.

He got cut by a punch, KO'ed, outlanded, and STILL got a draw.

**** is one of the biggest, weirdest, piles of bull**** that has been thrown out there in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
                    Kellerman is a complete idiot. He even went so far as to say that if he got up before the N in TEN the he beat the count. What a moron!

I thought that was hilarious. Talk about over-analysed.

I'm not saying Cintron won that fight...Far from it. But you really think it would of been better if Martinez won by fake KO due to the ref MISTAKINGLY counting to 10 even though Cintron was up?

Please...
                    Cintron wasn't really up though, which was the point they were all discussing. After the replays it showed that he started to get up at ten. As Kellerman said, his knee's were lifted a millisecond before the 'N' of ten. I would have counted him out too, and I don't think the ref made a mistake. He even hesitated very slightly as if trying to give Cintron a chance to hurry the **** up and get up.

I think the big thing missing here is that no matter what the ref was doing or anything else, Cintron was being counted. If he thought it was a head-butt or a damn kick in the nuts, it doesn't matter. What matters is that he has to try and get up before ten. He didn't really try and the ref counted him out. Starting to get up when the ref is saying ten is not really trying very hard. He could have been up by eight easily, he was just bitching.

Edit: So, was that eventually counted as a KD? That would mean that Cintron was KD twice, out-landed, out-boxed badly and still managed to pull out a draw? That really has to be one of the worst decisions in recent years.
                    Last edited by BennyST; 02-15-2009, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post

I thought that was hilarious. Talk about over-analysed.

Cintron wasn't really up though, which was the point they were all discussing. After the replays it showed that he started to get up at ten. As Kellerman said, his knee's were lifted a millisecond before the 'N' of ten. I would have counted him out too, and I don't think the ref made a mistake. He even hesitated very slightly as if trying to give Cintron a chance to hurry the **** up and get up.

I think the big thing missing here is that no matter what the ref was doing or anything else, Cintron was being counted. If he thought it was a head-butt or a damn kick in the nuts, it doesn't matter. What matters is that he has to try and get up before ten. He didn't really try and the ref counted him out. Starting to get up when the ref is saying ten is not really trying very hard. He could have been up by eight easily, he was just bitching.

Edit: So, was that eventually counted as a KD? That would mean that Cintron was KD twice, out-landed, out-boxed badly and still managed to pull out a draw? That really has to be one of the worst decisions in recent years.
                      The dude is a moron, bring back Larry Merchant!!!!

Kellerman needs to go back to FNFs

Comment

Working...
                      X