Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does DLH Need to Beat PBF to Solidify His Legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $iN View Post
    Because they're obviously incorrect...

I've asked plenty of times what DLH's best WIN is and not a single person has answered it...
    but when people do answer that question, you say "no that aint" "he past his prime" etc.

and when people talk about the controversial fights with mosley and trinidad, you'd say loss is still a loss.

bottom line is, no matter what we (people who think DLH's legacy is intact) say, u will never agree.
    Last edited by jswa17; 05-02-2007, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wire View Post
      I really don't know where people get this idea that Oscar dominated Tito. It could have been a draw but I think the decision was fair. Some people obviously felt Oscar won but to say it was a robbery is stretching it a bit far.

He's a very good fighter but for once I have to agree with $in - he has lost the biggest fights of his career, although should have got the decision against Mosley the second time but he should also have lost to Sturm IMO.

If he beats Mayweather (which I don't think he will) then his legacy will absolutely be vastly improved. And he has done enough to be a HoF candidate but no way is he an all time great a la Robinson, Ali, Leonard, Hearns, Hagler etc.
      He made Tito look terrible for 8 rounds. Tito was missing wildly. Oscar displayed a boxing lesson, but puttered out down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dionyseus View Post
        From the fighters you listed, I'd say Chavez, Gatti, Vargas, and Whitaker weren't in their prime.

As for the DLH-Trinidad fight, I scored it for Trinidad.
        For starters I think you better find yourself a new Crack dealer.

Vargas was 26 when he fought Delahoya? Gatti was 28 when fought Delahoya?

How old was Whitaker when Tito fought him?
        How old was Chavez when Tszyu fought him?

You never hear about that!

Comment

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
          One thing I will always give Oscar alot of credit for is for taking any challenge. Oscar is definitley not scared of Floyd Mayweather, this is a guy who has been in there with Hopkins, Trinidad, Mosley, Mayorga and Vargas. Oscar will fight anyone...
          Good Post!!!!!!! Oscar has always faced the best opposition and has never ducked anyone because the fight was risky or he was trying to protect being undefeated unlike Floyd. For the past few years Floyd has taking the high road fighting safe fights and hand picking opponents. Oscar does not need Floyd, Floyd is the one who needs Oscar. Oscar is the Tiger Woods of boxing in the sense that he brings the casual fan to boxing. There will be so many people watcing this fight this weekend that are not hard core fans due to Oscar being involved. Floyd does not have the ability to draw or attract people like that. He couldn't even sell out the fight with Baldy, where he did barely over 9,000 in attendance and half the crowd booed him and walked out before the fight was over. This is why he is so envious of Oscar because he wants to be like him and get the type of exposure but, he will never attain that status and does not have the ability to bring casual fans to the sport. Love Oscar or hate him won thing you can say about him is that he took on all comers and never made any excuses, you can't say the same for Floyd. Oscar has won some and lost some but that is what happens when you constantly fight the elite competition of your era, like the leonards,haglers, hearns, and durans. They all fought each other and won a few and lost a few. Floyd would not know that because unlike all these men, he has not fought the elite competition of his era, and yet he has the nevr to compaere himself to these men and say that he is the gretest of all time. Floyd needs Oscar more than Oscar needs Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
            Because they're obviously incorrect...

I've asked plenty of times what DLH's best WIN is and not a single person has answered it...
            What was Mayweathers best win nuthugger? Corrales and castillo six years ago. One in which he got a gift decision against Castillo. An old way past his prime Gatti that Oscar dominated years before. A slow,flat footed Baldomir that already had nine losses and was old. An overrated,mentally weak Judah that has never shown up in a major fight, that was coming off a loss to Baldomir. Compare Oscar and Floyds resumes and Floyd's isn't even close or in the same ball park. Oscar could walk away from boxing right now without Floyd and would not hurt his legacy one bit. Floyd needs Oscar more than Oscar needs Floyd. Where else will he get the kind of payday that oscar wil bring. Nowhere. He certainly isn't gonna generate near that type of revenue fighting anyone else. he definately cannot do it on his own. He couldn't even sell the Baldomir fight out. There was barely over 9,000 in attendance and half of them booed him and left before the fight was over. Had Oscar been fighting Baldy, that place would have been filled to the rafters, so don't try and tell me that Oscar needs Floyd.

Comment

The question for this fight is, whether or not mayweather is the real deal. If he is, i see him winning a UD.

That said, Mayweathers record is highly suspicious, full of old guys and tailor made opponents. I think DLH is the best Floyd has fought so far...he is much bigger and stronger than anyone on MW's resume. MW could get a rude awakening here....and get KO'd brutally.

I would love to see Gayweather knocked out in a couple of rounds and exposed as the chump i think he might be.

Comment

http://www.boxing talk.com/pag/article12126.html

Comment

Working...
                X