Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wouldn't Mayweather make more money if......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tikay0036
    I doubt floyd's their main money maker. " I like how floyd fights, let me sign up with at&t."
    Oh and we all know that Hennessy sales will now increase significantly because Manny Pacquiao has a Hennessy commercial.

Or what about Cafe Puro? I know thousands people who buy that coffee brand because they saw it on Pacquiao's trunks.

Dumb ass, what you said had nothing to do with the actual OP.

Comment

That's why I'd rather not see him fight Paquiao. I don't think he deserves the kind of money he's demanding. With the kind of reluctance he's been displaying in this fight, I think he'll just run like Mosley and cash out.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
        sammysosa, at 20 million plus, per fight, it shouldn't be about how much scratch, Floyd "Money" Mayweather makes, but how much money, Floyd Mayweather Jr., keeps...Iron Mike Tyson, earned enough money in his boxing career to retire and live comfortably...but Iron Mike Tyson, wanted to spend his money recklessly, on bengal tigers, mazerati's, custom made pimp suits, etc. and in the process, squandered a fortune, that he would only make, in the prime of his boxing career...sammysosa, we read all the time about celebrities, and pro athletes, going broke and filing for bankruptcy, because they think the money is never going to stop rolling in, my man...and floyd "money" mayweather jr., with the expensive cars, jewelry, and mob-style gambling habits, is a prime candidate...
        Very true. Holyfield is just as bad as Tyson an maybe worse. He made even more more money than Tyson and apparently is still fighting to pay his bills and child support. Because of his worldwide fame,Tyson can make a good living off of personal appearances. Holyfield can do the same to a lesser degree.

Comment

Not a lot of top boxers seem to get that many big sponsors so idk how much he is really giving up with his bad guy persona. If Floyd is the good guy is he even this popular to be speculated on as to sponsors he might be giving up with his persona? Pernell Whitaker (who is about the closest past fighter to compare to Floyd imo) didn't have many sponsors either iirc. I think for the most part not much is out there for boxers & certainly not like it is for basketball players or other more mainstream sports athletes. And assuming that wasn't the case I think Floyd's defensive style with a good guy persona isn't getting Pepsi calling him up with a $100M deal so he made a trade off of sorts with wearing a black hat & doing a modern day version of Ali with a little more Jerry Springer added in there vs being the black Oscar De La Hoya & selling Nikes (who very likely would never come calling).
          Last edited by Eff Pandas; 05-11-2012, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Im pretty sure with his fillipino following, henessy will get a few more sales from that market, just cuz they saw manny on the commercial. Where as with ATT&T, wtf does that have anything to do with anything pertaining to floyd??? That's like having shaq endorse computer chips. Wtf would that do for them? Floyd doesnt have a positive market like manny's. All of floyd's market derives from people wanting to see him lose in boxing. No one cares about his life.
            Or like Dr. Dre doing an Intel commercial?

You guys are so mad that Floyd is a slightly bigger draw in boxing than your countryman. It'll be ok
            Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 05-11-2012, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Im pretty sure with his fillipino following, henessy will get a few more sales from that market, just cuz they saw manny on the commercial. Where as with ATT&T, wtf does that have anything to do with anything pertaining to floyd??? That's like having shaq endorse computer chips. Wtf would that do for them? Floyd doesnt have a positive market like manny's. All of floyd's market derives from people wanting to see him lose in boxing. No one cares about his life.
              Or like Manny endorsing HP tablets?

Comment

I don't blame any companies for not sponsorring a Woman Beater.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                  Or like Manny endorsing HP tablets?
                  Using their logic we can just go ahead and say Manny caused hp tablets to fail. Just 3 months into their Manny ad campaign Hewlett-Packard stock hit their lowest stock value in years and ceased production of the Pacquiao endorsed line of tablets.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                    Using their logic we can just go ahead and say Manny caused hp tablets to fail. Just 3 months into their Manny ad campaign Hewlett-Packard stock hit their lowest stock value in years and ceased production of the Pacquiao endorsed line of tablets.
                    Wow no ****... well OBVIOUSLY it's Manny's fault, he is the opposite of a draw..

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
                      I don't blame any companies for not sponsorring a Woman Beater.
                      But, they can sponsor a Philanderer?

Comment

Working...
                      X