Collapse
No announcement yet.

Borderlands 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget honoring the sabbath - Sunday is my day to honor 'Gearbox' by spending the entire day level grinding and looting.

Slag it and bag it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Forget honoring the sabbath - Sunday is my day to honor 'Gearbox' by spending the entire day level grinding and looting.

Slag it and bag it.
      I'll be on tonight if you're around. Want to get through a few of the circle of slaughter missions.

Comment

Apologies, squeal. I spent the entire day co-op'ing with the gf.

As I told you when I messaged you earlier this evening - Something pretty goddamn epic happened to me while playing tonight. Something I've not read about happening to anybody else who has played this game. Here's how it went down.

So me and the gf were co-op'ing for a while, still level grinding, trying to hit level 40 before we start up 'True Vault Hunter' mode. We'just just going farming the warrior a bit and going from map to map to work on getting our badass ranks higher. Shortly after she broke 7,000 badass rank I broke 9,000 badass rank, and decided to try to get Michael Mamaril to spawn for her so she could get the achievement. (We've seen him once in at least a hundred trips to Sanctuary during our entire time playing this game, and she was kinda pissed about him not showing up anymore since.)

So I'm like : "I got an idea. I'll delete the system cache of all updates since Gearbox patched it to where he would spawn less frequently, and he should revert to his original higher spawning percentage. Then we'll play offline without installing any updates until he spawns in."

"Go for it." she says.

So I delete the cache, and disconnect from XBL. We then spend an hour spawning in and out of Sanctuary checking all of his known locations. Nothing. We both got fed up with it and she was like : "**** it. Let's just go back to grinding and maybe he'll show up when we start playthrough 2."

So I save and quit, then reconnect to XBL, and load up our game with me as the host. (I always host because I prefer top screen.)

As soon as we spawn into Sanctuary a message pops up alerting me that I have 10 golden keys in my possession.

I never even had 1 golden key. Now all of a sudden I have 10.

I'm like : No way, that can't be right."

So I walk over to the golden chest across from the spawn point and the icon that indicates you have a golden key pops up with the number 10 beside it.

Mind officially blown. So I figured **** it - "Let's spend two and save the rest for when we hit level 50."

We ended up getting some fairly average relics on the first key, and two sick sniper rifles on the second - One did over 4,000 damage plus a 30% chance of igniting enemies with over 1,000 burn DPS, and the other did over 8,000 damage and was 98% accurate but had no elemental effects.

So we talked about how ****ing awesome a glitch that was for a little bit and we happy to have some keys for future use, then decided to get back to grinding our badass rank.

I go into my menu to check which challenges I'm closest to maxing out since I'm on level 5 on nearly all of the remaining ones, and I notice that my badass rank is no longer 9,000, it's now 18,000 and I have 78 new badass tokens that I didn't have before.

I'm psyched, but my girlfriend is ****ing pissed. She was mad enough that I managed to stay around 2,000 ranks above her throughout our entire playthrough together, but she liked the challenge of attempting to catch up. Now she's pissed off because not only will she never achieve a level comparable to mine, but it eliminated the fun of competing against each other for badass rank as well.

Meanwhile, I couldn't care less - I'm a bonafide badass now with 78 new tokens to spend. She'll get over it.

So I spend all 78 tokens and end up with close to +10% on every available stat boost.

Know what's even cooler? The glitch didn't cap my badass progression - Meaning that any challenges I hadn't already completed en route to 9,000 can still be completed. Meaning that I'm likely to end up with a badass rank of over 20,000.

I google'd it and apparently nobody else has suffered (yeah, I'm really suffering over here) from this glitch. There have been reports of other glitches that remove all badass rank progress, or remove golden keys from your inventory - But never a glitch that doubles your badass rank, gives you a free token for every one you've already earned, and then says : "You know what? That's nowhere near good enough. You know those super rare golden keys? The ones that Borderlands 2 nerds are constantly checking facebook and twitter for every day of their lives just so they can say that they have one? Here, take 10 of them for doing **** all."

At that point I honestly wouldn't have been that shocked if Handsome Jack came through my TV screen riding 'Butt Stallion' and started throwing money at me.

I tried to replicate the glitch again for my girlfriend after I saved by disconnecting from XBL, deleting the cache again, then reconnecting and letting her host but unfortunately it didn't work. If any of you guys wanna try it go for it, and if you do, report back and let me know if it worked for you or not.

Comment

Warrior has a 80% drop rate when you call in the airstrike. He drops a shield, two shotguns and a sniper rifle.

You can farm him this way but it's tricky and it might have been patched.

Comment

Apologies, squeal. I spent the entire day co-op'ing with the gf.

As I told you when I messaged you earlier this evening - Something pretty goddamn epic happened to me while playing tonight. Something I've not read about happening to anybody else who has played this game. Here's how it went down.

So me and the gf were co-op'ing for a while, still level grinding, trying to hit level 40 before we start up 'True Vault Hunter' mode. We'just just going farming the warrior a bit and going from map to map to work on getting our badass ranks higher. Shortly after she broke 7,000 badass rank I broke 9,000 badass rank, and decided to try to get Michael Mamaril to spawn for her so she could get the achievement. (We've seen him once in at least a hundred trips to Sanctuary during our entire time playing this game, and she was kinda pissed about him not showing up anymore since.)

So I'm like : "I got an idea. I'll delete the system cache of all updates since Gearbox patched it to where he would spawn less frequently, and he should revert to his original higher spawning percentage. Then we'll play offline without installing any updates until he spawns in."

"Go for it." she says.

So I delete the cache, and disconnect from XBL. We then spend an hour spawning in and out of Sanctuary checking all of his known locations. Nothing. We both got fed up with it and she was like : "**** it. Let's just go back to grinding and maybe he'll show up when we start playthrough 2."

So I save and quit, then reconnect to XBL, and load up our game with me as the host. (I always host because I prefer top screen.)

As soon as we spawn into Sanctuary a message pops up alerting me that I have 10 golden keys in my possession.

I never even had 1 golden key. Now all of a sudden I have 10.

I'm like : No way, that can't be right."

So I walk over to the golden chest across from the spawn point and the icon that indicates you have a golden key pops up with the number 10 beside it.

Mind officially blown. So I figured **** it - "Let's spend two and save the rest for when we hit level 50."

We ended up getting some fairly average relics on the first key, and two sick sniper rifles on the second - One did over 4,000 damage plus a 30% chance of igniting enemies with over 1,000 burn DPS, and the other did over 8,000 damage and was 98% accurate but had no elemental effects.

So we talked about how ****ing awesome a glitch that was for a little bit and we happy to have some keys for future use, then decided to get back to grinding our badass rank.

I go into my menu to check which challenges I'm closest to maxing out since I'm on level 5 on nearly all of the remaining ones, and I notice that my badass rank is no longer 9,000, it's now 18,000 and I have 78 new badass tokens that I didn't have before.

I'm psyched, but my girlfriend is ****ing pissed. She was mad enough that I managed to stay around 2,000 ranks above her throughout our entire playthrough together, but she liked the challenge of attempting to catch up. Now she's pissed off because not only will she never achieve a level comparable to mine, but it eliminated the fun of competing against each other for badass rank as well.

Meanwhile, I couldn't care less - I'm a bonafide badass now with 78 new tokens to spend. She'll get over it.

So I spend all 78 tokens and end up with close to +10% on every available stat boost.

Know what's even cooler? The glitch didn't cap my badass progression - Meaning that any challenges I hadn't already completed en route to 9,000 can still be completed. Meaning that I'm likely to end up with a badass rank of over 20,000.

I google'd it and apparently nobody else has suffered (yeah, I'm really suffering over here) from this glitch. There have been reports of other glitches that remove all badass rank progress, or remove golden keys from your inventory - But never a glitch that doubles your badass rank, gives you a free token for every one you've already earned, and then says : "You know what? That's nowhere near good enough. You know those super rare golden keys? The ones that Borderlands 2 nerds are constantly checking facebook and twitter for every day of their lives just so they can say that they have one? Here, take 10 of them for doing **** all."

At that point I honestly wouldn't have been that shocked if Handsome Jack came through my TV screen riding 'Butt Stallion' and started throwing money at me.

I tried to replicate the glitch again for my girlfriend after I saved by disconnecting from XBL, deleting the cache again, then reconnecting and letting her host but unfortunately it didn't work. If any of you guys wanna try it go for it, and if you do, report back and let me know if it worked for you or not.
            He only shows up every time BEFORE Sanctuary starts to fly. Then his spawn rate is 10%. Like it is after the patch.

Comment

Yeah, I ****ed up in farming him by saving after the moonshot. So I won't get to farm him the moonshot way until I get back to him on the 2nd playthrough.

If it's been patched I'll just delete the ****ing cache again. There's no way I'm farming him legit when I'll already have Terramorphous to do legit. Besides, he rarely ever drops anything of note farming him legit anyway. I got a purple class mod, a purple grenade mod, and 1 orange weapon thus far, and that orange weapon's stats were pitiful.

What shield, shotguns, and sniper rifle does he drop on the moonshot method, Shaun?

Is that the only way you can get the conference call? By using the moonshot method?

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
                He only shows up every time BEFORE Sanctuary starts to fly. Then his spawn rate is 10%. Like it is after the patch.
                That's what I've read, but I'm telling you I've not seen his ass once after Sanctuary got off the ground. I was constantly checking, too. Because A.) My girlfriend wanted the achievement, and B.) We both wanted the loot.

I must've went back to Sanctuary and checked all of his spawn locations over 100 times once it lifted off and he was never there. Apparently I'm not the only one having this problem either, because there are at least a dozen threads on Gearbox's forum wherein users are complaining of having the same problem.

I even started up a new game on a new profile with my GF today and played through until we made it to Sanctuary (pre-lift off) for the first time, and we spawned in 10 times and he still wasn't there.

Hopefully he shows up in playthrough 2 before Sanctuary lifts off like he did in playthrough 1.

Comment

Yeah, I ****ed up in farming him by saving after the moonshot. So I won't get to farm him the moonshot way until I get back to him on the 2nd playthrough.

If it's been patched I'll just delete the ****ing cache again. There's no way I'm farming him legit when I'll already have Terramorphous to do legit. Besides, he rarely ever drops anything of note farming him legit anyway. I got a purple class mod, a purple grenade mod, and 1 orange weapon thus far, and that orange weapon's stats were pitiful.

What shield, shotguns, and sniper rifle does he drop on the moonshot method, Shaun?

Is that the only way you can get the conference call? By using the moonshot method?
                  Conference Call, Flakker, Volcano, Impaler.

You can get any legendary weapon from chests and shops. But it's so rare. I've gotten 2 orange drops from chests and have never seen one in the shops.

Talking about Borderlands 2 again makes me want to play. I had to stop because true vault hunter mode is so hard.
                  I completed it once with Axton and had to rely on my turret so much. I'd throw it out and hide behind a corner, popping shots off and throwing out grenades.
                  Now I'm using the Mecromancer and the robot is so useless. It doesn't do what I want it to do. It's like it has special needs or something.
                  Doesn't help that I'm not doing any side-missions until I'm on play though 2.5.

Comment

That's what I've read, but I'm telling you I've not seen his ass once after Sanctuary got off the ground. I was constantly checking, too. Because A.) My girlfriend wanted the achievement, and B.) We both wanted the loot.

I must've went back to Sanctuary and checked all of his spawn locations over 100 times once it lifted off and he was never there. Apparently I'm not the only one having this problem either, because there are at least a dozen threads on Gearbox's forum wherein users are complaining of having the same problem.

I even started up a new game on a new profile with my GF today and played through until we made it to Sanctuary (pre-lift off) for the first time, and we spawned in 10 times and he still wasn't there.

Hopefully he shows up in playthrough 2 before Sanctuary lifts off like he did in playthrough 1.
                    He does show up but the spawn rate is so low and as he can spawn in like 10 places it's rare to ever see him.

Before the patch his spawn rate was 100% before Sanctuary lift-off.

He spawns at: The news stand. In the HQ. On the stairs near claptrap. In Zed's place. In Moxxi's place. In Scooter's place. In Marcus' place and next to the black market door.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
                      Conference Call, Flakker, Volcano, Impaler.

You can get any legendary weapon from chests and shops. But it's so rare. I've gotten 2 orange drops from chests and have never seen one in the shops.

Talking about Borderlands 2 again makes me want to play. I had to stop because true vault hunter mode is so hard.
                      I completed it once with Axton and had to rely on my turret so much. I'd throw it out and hide behind a corner, popping shots off and throwing out grenades.
                      Now I'm using the Mecromancer and the robot is so useless. It doesn't do what I want it to do. It's like it has special needs or something.
                      Doesn't help that I'm not doing any side-missions until I'm on play though 2.5.
                      Have you ever managed to hit triple vault symbols on any of the slot machines? I must've spent at least a million bucks in the one I use in Sanctuary and I've still not hit the jackpot as far as weapons go. I've hit triple eridium bars at least 10 times, though. Which does me no good now that I've bought every SDU available in the game and have the max amount of eridium (99) in my inventory with nothing to use it for.

I had heard the same about 'True Vault Hunter' mode, hence why me and the gf have been trying to hit level 40 before we start. Going from level 39 to 40 is absolutely painful, though. It's taking forever with these low level enemies.

I should note : We did all of the side missions available in playthrough 1 before finishing the main story aside from the Hyperion circle of slaughter. That mission is ****ing nuts. Still can't finish the final round, and we're quite a few levels over what the game says is recommended.

Comment

Working...
                      X