Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Chris John really beat JMM?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two things about this fight, that make all the importance pertaining to the fight, and in this order....

1) this was TERRIBLE managing, marquez was advised to hold out after his pacquiao fight for more money, to make himself a higher demand, and once no one bit, then took a title fight against john in his hometown/native country, the only guy that can rival calzaghe for more backyard fights than any champion out there...

2) it was home cooking for that decision..... again, marquez should've never been there.

with that being said, look at where they are now, although john might still be undefeated, who the **** cares because what kind of fights has he been a part of, what FOTY type fights? nada.....

Comment

JMM landed the more meaningful punch. John had slightly higher activity and the punch landed were pitty patty shots. I would say JMM wins in neutral territory.

However, I could see it be judged either way.

That was THE Legacy fight for John....lol...hasn't done much since then.

Comment

its as legitimate floyd beating JMM

Comment

Originally posted by RetiringScene View Post
          chris john > jmm > pacq
          These are facts. Chris John #1 p4p

Comment

Did Bradley really beat Pacquiao?

Comment

for those saying john never fights anyone he just beat someone who was 44-0 today. you can apologize now.

Comment

Chris John won this fight 10000000%

Of course the fight was competitive, Marquez is no slouch, but Chris John won this fight well.

There are many fights where the score card is 118-110, that doesn't mean an ass whooping, it means in every round one fighter was better than the other, and many times it may be just a little bit better.

I just hate how all of the North Americans (Yanks and Mexicans) refuse to even talk about this fight...and on HBO too, they talk about Marquez this and that and it makes me vomit how they don't say 'hey wait a minute, Marquez has been beat by John too'....but just because this fight wasn't even shown live (from memory) in the States and also Chris John not being a super marketable fighter, they tend to totally ignore this result.......and then what makes me more sick, whenever someone does bring it up, they act like it was a dodgy result.

Chris John is a machine and top 5 P4P without a doubt. Marquez should have asked for a rematch and tried to promote it in the USA,,,,why he didn't is beyond me, but I suppose he realised that not many ppl were talking about this loss and also there isn't much money in it.

So please gents, pay credit where due, Chris John > JMM without a doubt and until JMM proves otherwise, I'll rank Chris John higher in my rankings.

Comment

I guarantee that 94% of the people on here never saw the fight

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                    Did you guys actually watch the fight or just assuming? I watched the fight and it was close and competitive. I had it a draw with the point deductions, even though they were shady. Marquez should have won it if the ref would have been fair.
                    John didn't win more than 3 or 4 rounds. He was back peddling trying to counter most of the fight. Marquez was the aggressor, he threw more, landed more, and outboxed John pretty easily. JMM should have won that fight even with the bs deductions.

Comment

Originally posted by moochi View Post
                      Chris John won this fight 10000000%

Of course the fight was competitive, Marquez is no slouch, but Chris John won this fight well.

There are many fights where the score card is 118-110, that doesn't mean an ass whooping, it means in every round one fighter was better than the other, and many times it may be just a little bit better.

I just hate how all of the North Americans (Yanks and Mexicans) refuse to even talk about this fight...and on HBO too, they talk about Marquez this and that and it makes me vomit how they don't say 'hey wait a minute, Marquez has been beat by John too'....but just because this fight wasn't even shown live (from memory) in the States and also Chris John not being a super marketable fighter, they tend to totally ignore this result.......and then what makes me more sick, whenever someone does bring it up, they act like it was a dodgy result.

Chris John is a machine and top 5 P4P without a doubt. Marquez should have asked for a rematch and tried to promote it in the USA,,,,why he didn't is beyond me, but I suppose he realised that not many ppl were talking about this loss and also there isn't much money in it.

So please gents, pay credit where due, Chris John > JMM without a doubt and until JMM proves otherwise, I'll rank Chris John higher in my rankings.
                      Chris John is a joke not a machine. Get real anyone that rates John over Marquez is a idiot. This guy just made his 17th defense against a guy with not one notable win. John could have easily made fights with Salido or Gamoboa to see who the best featherweight was but he didn't because he knew he would lose. Getting a backyard decision against JMM and staying protected in his backyard are the only 2 things that made John a champ.

Comment

Working...
                      X