No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Odlanier Solis' Promising Career Still Hangs in Limbo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Odlanier Solis' Promising Career Still Hangs in Limbo

For a fighter who just eight months ago was being hailed as a potential saviour of the ailing heavyweight division, Cuban enigma Odlanier Solis has cut a remarkably low-key figure of late.

[Click Here To Read More]

Terrible article

Vitali Klitschko KO 1 Odlanier Solis

Vitali video after his 1st round knockout win over Solis

"I was inside the ring and I saw many, many times on video - the fight, and there is only one clear answer. I prepared the punch, half uppercut/half hook. I prepared this punch and I feel that I hit him pretty hard. Solis was knocked out, what happened after that, where he breaks his ligaments or his knee - it's his problem. I'm sorry the fight was so short. The next fight, I promise not to hit my opponent for the first three rounds, and then I'll knock him out. With Solis there are no excuses, this was a knockout punch"

Comment

Good article. To bad a knee injury took him out of the fight, he was looking very good till that point. Hopefully he comes back and comes back in shape.

Comment

does this guy actually believe that the weak punch had any effect on solis lol he tore up his knee the punch didnt do anything

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
          does this guy actually believe that the weak punch had any effect on solis lol he tore up his knee the punch didnt do anything
          lol at this butthurt Cuban crybaby.

Solis has a glass head, he can't take a punch.

Solis was Vitali's 39th knockout victim.

Vitali has 40 KOs in 43 wins, greatest heavyweight champ KO% of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERFUL View Post
            lol at this butthurt Cuban crybaby.

Solis has a glass head, he can't take a punch.

Solis was Vitali's 39th knockout victim.

Vitali has 40 KOs in 43 wins, greatest heavyweight champ KO% of all time.
            At least he can take comfort in the fact that Solis didn't quit. You can't say that about your hero, can you?

Comment

Solis gets very little sympathy from me, but that "KO punch" Vitali landed didn't take Odlanier out. I have much respect for the Klitchkos, but Vit's comments about his punch have to be taken with a big, fat grain of salt. It's really not necessary to play-up the legitimacy of the alleged KO blow, as, in my opinion, Solis would have lost that fight anyway.

The article rightfully focuses on the bizarre nature of Odlanier's career. Here's a guy with some serious potential, but it's canceled out by a non-existent work ethic. When the little money he's earned runs out, Solis will wish he'd taken his career a little more seriously....

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                much as i like vitali i think he was quite glad that solis's knee gave out and would like to stick to the story that it was a ko punch.
                i don't believe for a minute the punch was that hard, nor that solis thought "damn i can't handle this let's pretend i'm injured"

Comment

haye is damn scared of solis.
                  to be fair the fight wouldn't generate that much money but probably more than most people think- who wouldn't like to see a guy who stopped haye get another pop/haye have chance to redeem that one?
                  both exciting fighters, and the winner would surely get another, [B]earned[B], shot at one of the klitschkos.
                  i would love to see that fight more than either of them against a klitschko, and then afterwards up against one of the brothers. would be great. needs to happen.

Comment

"solis's lengthy absence is perplexing"- eh?
                    -he's been out for 8 months with a mashed up knee. most fighters go 6months+ without getting in the ring just because they can. solis had a pretty good reason to be out and to be honest he's doing well to be back on it so soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X