No announcement yet.

Amir Khan - Legacy Or Money?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan - Legacy Or Money?

EDIT: thread reposted because of the hate title in the first one. I will call khan by his name which is: Amir Khan. It's disrespectful not to do so. I'm no Ernie Terrel

Judging by the recent news for NSB about Amir Khan it seems that his career is currently being tailor made for 100% financial gain

Therefore there is 0 % career time available for legacy.

For Amir Khan it means his career is heading in the right direction for himself.

But for us fans it is heading in the wrong direction.

There is nothing wrong with financial gains in a career, it is absolutely necessary. However since he he won the world title I don't think khan has made mention of the word "legacy" in ANY of his succeeding interviews.

Why can't he have a balance between money and legacy?

why couldn't it be a 60:40 ratio?

Or even a 70:30 ratio?

Another interesting point to be made is the fights that are most appealing to fans usually do make the most money and of course it will add to your legacy.

Khan-maidana could have been a "piss poor" man's sonny liston moment. It's a shame he completely squandered the opportunity.

Brave fighters like Sugar Ray Leonard would have jumped at the opportunity to fight a big hitter, which he proved when he fought tommy hearns.

Remember when leonard-hearns fight was delayed so they could squeeze the maximum money out of it?

It seems richard shafeur is using the same "bulid up" reasoning with khan-maidana.

Do you think he is playing another propaganda stunt? or is he telling the truth?

Amir Khan, If Muhammad ALi is really your idol, why don't you model your career in the similar way?

ALi was SRL's idol and he followed a similar career pattern.

Guess what? he is now a top 10 p4p.

Originally posted by moneyweather65 View Post
    I have been following Amir on his twitter.

Amir has confirmed he is looking to fight the winner of Marquez-Diaz.

I responded to him by saying why are you fighting the winner when in November Bradley, Alexander are free.

I mentioned why are fighting lightweights?, a weight that you moved up from?.

Juan Diaz is a fighter that lost to the same fighter you beat with ease and Marquez is a career featherweight who has moved up to lightweight late in his career.

No response as yet due to him on a flight to Sharm El Sheikh lol
    Last edited by Vadrigar.; 06-15-2010, 08:17 AM.

imno amir hater...............i think he goes the mayweather road though.........just a gut feeling.......with oSCAR

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
      imno amir hater...............i think he goes the mayweather road though.........just a gut feeling.......with oSCAR
      critic not hater.

Comment

couldn't you just get your answers from this almost identical thead you made earlier?

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=398260

Comment

Originally posted by S H O B O X View Post
          couldn't you just get your answers from this almost identical thead you made earlier?

the title gives the wrong impression. Sorry it had to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by S H O B O X View Post

the stench thread?????..................

Comment

Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
              critic not hater.
              i was referring to myself.........not you..................

Comment

Il tell you when he progresses in his career,hes still a kid

Comment

Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
                  EDIT: thread reposted because of the hate title in the first one. I will call khan by his name which is: Amir Khan. It's disrespectful not to do so.

Judging by the recent news for NSB about Amir Khan it seems that his career is currently being tailor made for 100% financial gain

Therefore there is 0 % career time available for legacy.

For Amir Khan it means his career is heading in the right direction for himself.

But for us fans it is heading in the wrong direction.

There is nothing wrong with financial gains in a career, it is absolutely necessary. However since he he won the world title I don't think khan has made mention of the word "legacy" in ANY of his succeeding interviews.

Why can't he have a balance between money and legacy?

why couldn't it be a 60:40 ratio?

Or even a 70:30 ratio?

Another interesting point to be made is the fights that are most appealing to fans usually do make the most money and of course it will add to your legacy.

Khan-maidana could have been a "piss poor" man's sonny liston moment. It's a shame he completely squandered the opportunity.

Brave fighters like Sugar Ray Leonard would have jumped at the opportunity to fight a big hitter, which he proved when he fought tommy hearns.

Remember when leonard-hearns fight was delayed so they could squeeze the maximum money out of it?

It seems richard shafeur is using the same "bulid up" reasoning with khan-maidana.

Do you think he is playing another propaganda stunt? or is he telling the truth?

Amir Khan, If Muhammad ALi is really your idol, why don't you model your career in the similar way?

ALi was SRL's idol and he followed a similar career pattern.

Guess what? he is now a top 10 p4p.

Khan is fighting for both money and legacy, But legacy doesnt kick in for a long time until he has retired or any boxer has retired. So the short term goal is money, The long term goal is legacy.

Also he is with Oscar De La Hoya who is a good mix of money and legacy, He will probably go down Oscars route and once retired have his own promotion company or head the Europe branch of Golden boy as a partner.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
                    Khan is fighting for both money and legacy, But legacy doesnt kick in for a long time until he has retired or any boxer has retired. So the short term goal is money, The long term goal is legacy.

Also he is with Oscar De La Hoya who is a good mix of money and legacy, He will probably go down Oscars route and once retired have his own promotion company or head the Europe branch of Golden boy as a partner.
                    From the start of his career he said ALi was his idol not oscar.

In a radio interview he mentioned ALi not oscar.

Comment

Working...
                    X