No announcement yet.

Timothy Bradley reveals why he didn't take the Khan offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    He was getting the best available money out there. His largest purse....which Shaw even increased. Plus 50% of Khan's ppv money.
    But in the long run would that have made sense? I'm sure to commit to Shaw, he'd want a ridiculous amount that he'd probably never get. So instead he'll make his 1.4 million fighting Matthysse or Maidana, and then Khan for even more and all four straps on the line, or possibly even Pacquiao under a new promoter. Sounds like a smart plan to me.

Comment

lmao.. are you dudes still defending Bradley after everything he's said and done now? on what grounds?? lol.. the guy ducked the khan fight.. stop making excuses man.. geeez.. so he doesnt think he can beat khan now.. so.. he's not the first fighter to duck a fight.. get over it already..

Comment

As long as the fight gets signed soon then it's all good. Boxing is a business as well as a sport so that's a reasonable excuse, he should have come out and said this before though.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          well I think HBO guaranteed him to get atleast 1.2mil in his next fight, even against a guy like Maidana while with Khan most say he will still only end up making between 1.3-1.6 so why take that risk? I think Bradley feels like he's past the point of proving himself. Now he wants to make smart business decisions. To me this is either more of HBO's fault for promising him big money even though he doesnt pack the house or he got word from Arum that Top Rank will sign him & give him a Pac fight.

Not only that but again, Khan has star potential. He has the potential to make big money which he's not doing right now in the US and Bradley feels like he's fighting these guys before they are at there peak earning potential. He could probably fight Kahn in a year or 2 for a couple of mil more
          You are missing out the fact he was getting half the UK PPV money on top of that.

Comment

lmao this thread reeks ******ation .... Dont you bimbos follow the news ? Look goofs shaw already stated no contract extensions are in place this was a last 1 time fight deal that tim "coward" bradley refused. BRADLEY CLEARLY STATED THE REAL REASON FOR NOT FIGHTING KHAN . QUOTE " ITS A REALLY REALLY RISKY FIGHT AND IF I LOSE IM OUT THE BIG FIGHT SWEEPSTAKES .'............ DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Comment

If Bradley wanted the fight, the fight would have happened.

He called Khan out, and then he bottled out of it. Simple as that.

Bradley is scared of losing to Khan, because he wants an even bigger payday against Pac or Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by ZigZag View Post
                How would he be a slave for the next few years for signing a fight on July 23rd? Explain that and I might believe that to be a good reason. Either way the way he's been talking lately still makes him look like a douche bag bitch.
                While many of his recent comments have been b*tchy, those of us that are SANE knew Bradley wasn't taking this fight because of Shaw. Shaw was making him stay. If Shaw could make him stay one fight at a time, he would.

Bradley's contract was supposed to expire earlier this year, but he signed an extension to get the Alexander fight. Same thing here. In order to get the Khan fight with Shaw, he would have to extend his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                  A fight against Khan would have been Bradley's last fight with Shaw. He would be a free agent after that.

Shaw confirmed this and Bradley didn't deny it.
                  If Bradley contract said he fights on June 30 then him fighting Khan on July 23 would mean a contract extention..Shaw is a not telling the truth..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
                    http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/5/25...ract-gary-shaw

Here he basically says EXACTLY what I told the idiots who accused him of ducking. How can you possibly accuse him of ducking when Shaw is clearly trying to trap him?

Basically, he wanted to fight Khan in June so it's still in his contract, and he could be free to do whatever he wants afterwards. July 23rd is out of that range, meaning he'd have to be Shaw's slave for another few years and get zero promotion. Even Schaefer himself said Bradley isnt ducking Khan!

Arum just stated a few days ago that he is interested in signing Bradley because he sees him as a future attraction. Top Rank happens to be the only one without a good JWW, with Benavidez being far too young, so you can expect to see them working together soon.
                    Actually Shaw said he will take the fight with no extension, obviously he wants to cash in.

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
                      If Bradley contract said he fights on June 30 then him fighting Khan on July 23 would mean a contract extention..Shaw is a not telling the truth..
                      Bradley knew this yet still called out Khan for July 23rd?

Bradley was not telling the truth.

Comment

Working...
                      X