No announcement yet.

Funeka Moving Forward, Hopes For IBF Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funeka Moving Forward, Hopes For IBF Shot

Promoter Gary Shaw has informed BoxingScene.com that he plans to work very hard to bring back Ali Funeka in the near future. Funeka gave an excellent of himself in the majority decision loss to Nate Campbell in Sunrise, Florida. Because Campbell was unable to make weight for the Funeka fight, the IBF's version of the lightweight title was deemed vacant. [details]

Honestly glad to hear it, seems like a nice kid. His crying after the loss really shows how passionate he is about what he does.

At the very least it'll get him some nice paydays.

Comment

I hope to see him agian on HBO,Showtime, ESPN. He made me become a fan of him with his heart and grit. Saved a bad card from being worse.... also god bless him for getting rid of Zahir Raheem.

Comment

Funeka deserved the win,he needs to work on his defense. He could fight Fernando Angulo or Anthony Peterson whom are ranked high by the IBF. Shobox or ESPN would pick those fights up.

Comment

He didn't do bad, but any other fighter would've laid him out for the count.

He needs a lot of improvement especially in his punching power.

Comment

his temporal lobe needs improving. He went down twice because of average shots to the cranium.

Comment

[QUOTE=juandabomb;4759834]Funeka deserved the win,he needs to work on his defense. He could fight Fernando Angulo or Anthony Peterson whom are ranked high by the IBF. Shobox or ESPN would pick those fights up.[/QUOTE

Most definitely agree, Funeka was jipped. He displayed he was the better boxer in 10 of the 12 rounds. Interesting take on him fighting Angulo or even Peterson. Haven't heard of Fernando Angulo but Anthony Peterson is nice as well, sits down on his punches, but I think Ali would eat em up just because Nate Campbell is no slouch ha. Lamont (140) is tougher than Anthony though.

Comment

I am now a fan of Funeka. He was much better than I could have imagined. He's not the best in the division, but I'm sure he can hold his own and provide very exciting fights against anyone there. I personally hope to see more of him in the future.

Comment

This is good news. The man proved himself to be a talented boxer last night.

Comment

Campbell may have failed the weigh-in but the night of the fight Funeka was 148 or 149 on the unofficial scale and Nate was 147 and weary from the cut so it's not like Campbell had that as an advantage.

Comment

Working...
                    X