No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marco Antonio Rubio Wins Big In Mexico, Stops Rosales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marco Antonio Rubio Wins Big In Mexico, Stops Rosales

By Jake Donovan - Marco Antonio Rubio stopped Michel Rosales in the 11th round of their Televisa-televised main event Saturday evening in Morelia, Mexico.

Rubio (56-6-1, 49KO) has now won three straight since a points loss to Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. earlier in the year. Rosales suffered his second consecutive knockout loss, falling to 32-6 (26KO).

The win keeps alive Rubio's hopes of securing at least one more title fight. The 32-year old has come up short on two previous occasions. In addition to the Chavez Jr. loss, Rubio suffered a 9th round knockout loss to Kelly Pavlik in their Feb. '09 middleweight championship contest. [Click Here To Read More]

1 or two more of these and somebody will scoop him up for a title shot....

Comment

I love Rubio. He battered my 'pick for the future' in Lemieux. Probably my own fault for saying Lemieux would be a contender!!!

Kiss of death from Taansend.

Would love to see a rematch with him & Pavlik. With 95 wins & 82 kayos combined you could probably hope for some fireworks.

Comment

he comes 2 fight, but IMO he's a step behind all the top guys & only title he gets is a minor 1...will beat none of the elite @ '60 or'68...

Comment

Rubio should be ashamed of himself of this win. The guy last fought at 147 in March 2012. How is this win supposed to mean ANYtHING? Rubio is complete garbage. Saw ti when Pavlik pummeled him,too

Comment

Fun fight though, Rosales almost gets him in a comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
              I love Rubio. He battered my 'pick for the future' in Lemieux. Probably my own fault for saying Lemieux would be a contender!!!

Kiss of death from Taansend.

Would love to see a rematch with him & Pavlik. With 95 wins & 82 kayos combined you could probably hope for some fireworks.
              No television station would ever touch a Pavlik vs Rubio rematch after Rubio's antics in the first fight he did not win a round and quit on his stool.

I would not mind to see Rubio fight James Degale though.

Comment

That was a big win, knocking out a ww.

Comment

Working...
                X