Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you dudes practice amateur observational astronomy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i get high i try to spot ufos sometimes. i've never seen any but my mate swears he has.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Some other interesting stuff:

M13 and M3 (globular clusters)

M81 and M101 (spiral galaxies)

Albireo and 61 Cygni (binary stars)

m81 looks fuking beautiful

Comment

Some other interesting stuff:

M13 and M3 (globular clusters)

M81 and M101 (spiral galaxies)

Albireo and 61 Cygni (binary stars)

m101 looks unreal to.

Comment

Originally posted by the collector View Post
          my wife was gonna buy me one for christmas but she didnt,got a fuking 3d tv instead was not happy.how far is the range on yours?
          I am not really sure, but all telescopes have the ability to see deep space objects. I have learned that observational astronomy is more about the quality of the image as opposed to magnification power. However, more expensive telescopes will also have bigger diameter lenses, so they collect more light. My telescope is a 6 inch or 150 mm diameter, 750 mm focal length. It's a reflector, so it collects light in the back, then it sends it to another small mirror which then directs the light toward the eyepiece. There are different types, but I believe reflectors are better than refractors. I forgot why, though. I think it has something to do with focal length, I can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            when i get high i try to spot ufos sometimes. i've never seen any but my mate swears he has.
            If you look long enough, you will find cool stuff. The sky is a big place. I've seen some weird stuff. A lot of times it's just satellites, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
              If you look long enough, you will find cool stuff. The sky is a big place. I've seen some weird stuff. A lot of times it's just satellites, though.
              whats the weirdest youve seen bro?

Comment

Originally posted by the collector View Post

m101 looks unreal to.
                So, you have seen the objects you listed through your own telescope?

Comment

So, you have seen the objects you listed through your own telescope?
                  no i dont have one m8,freedom posted some names of those pics i decided to look them up i usally look stuff like this up really interests me

Comment

It's clearly better than my scope. Those are very good photos.
                    What have you seen through yours.

Comment

What have you seen through yours.
                      Checked out the usual stuff: globular clusters, binaries, Pleiades, Orion nebula and the brighter galaxies.

Also of course our solar system: Uranus, Saturn, Titan, Jupiter, Callisto, Europa, Io, Ganymede, Mars, Venus, Mercury and our moon.

I've always wanted to go to the southern hemisphere and see Centaurus A, NGC 5139 and the Magellanic Clouds.
                      Last edited by The Hammer; 12-21-2012, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X