No announcement yet.

HBO & Showtime in Australia???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO & Showtime in Australia???

I've got Foxtel at the moment..........it has about 1000 channels i don't watch lol........

the only channels i bother watching are fox sports & espn for rugby, football, basketball......and maybe sometimes the movie channels

but there is no ****ing showtime or HBO.........anyone know if I can get either with my foxtel subscription????

or do i have to get it seperately with another sat company???

any Aussies on here have it????

Sorry to break the bad news, no HBO or Showtime in Australia at all.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
      Sorry to break the bad news, no HBO or Showtime in Australia at all.
      **** mate..........

thats terrible news........so do you know why???

these bloody yanks far out

Comment

Originally posted by The Beatles View Post
        **** mate..........

thats terrible news........so do you know why???

these bloody yanks far out
        Not sure 100%, kinda happened back in 1999/2000.

I remember getting the DLH vs. Quartey in 1999 and that was HBO PPV and I think the DLH vs. Tito was ****y TOP RANK later that year I'm pretty sure.

By the Mosley fight in 2000 it was Top Rank for Sure and no HBO out here at all pretty much after that.

I remember KT fighting on HBO in 98 twice and got both of those fights. One was free(No Joke) on Foxtel and the other was a HBO TVKO PPV which you had to pay for on Main Attraction now know was main event.

I remember ringing them and emailing them about it, but they said, they have little control over what they get beamed back over here.
        But could be worth emailing them, they might have a answer for us as to why.

Funny thing was I was pretty young back then and didn't really like the larry Merchant commentary, but as I've gotten older I love the dude.

The PPV we get out here are so watered down. The Mosley vs Mayweather was the first PPV from the states I've seen in 16x9. I would buy all of them if they were HBO to be honest.

Not to mention I can't stand Bob the commentator.

I don't understand why the hell they just can't use the HBO Broadcast for all english speaking countries.

It makes no sense really, since they would be paying the 2nd English commentary team.

Comment

Not sure 100%, kinda happened back in 1999/2000.

I remember getting the DLH vs. Quartey in 1999 and that was HBO PPV and I think the DLH vs. Tito was ****y TOP RANK later that year I'm pretty sure.

By the Mosley fight in 2000 it was Top Rank for Sure and no HBO out here at all pretty much after that.

I remember KT fighting on HBO in 98 twice and got both of those fights. One was free(No Joke) on Foxtel and the other was a HBO TVKO PPV which you had to pay for on Main Attraction now know was main event.

I remember ringing them and emailing them about it, but they said, they have little control over what they get beamed back over here.
          But could be worth emailing them, they might have a answer for us as to why.

Funny thing was I was pretty young back then and didn't really like the larry Merchant commentary, but as I've gotten older I love the dude.

The PPV we get out here are so watered down. The Mosley vs Mayweather was the first PPV from the states I've seen in 16x9. I would buy all of them if they were HBO to be honest.

Not to mention I can't stand Bob the commentator.

I don't understand why the hell they just can't use the HBO Broadcast for all english speaking countries.

It makes no sense really, since they would be paying the 2nd English commentary team.
          I know what you mean mate..........

I didn't even know who the commentators for the Mayweather vs Mosley fight were to be honest

I've heard em before though

So you're saying its impossible to get HBO or Showtime PPV's????

I have another question, is it possible to get the regular HBO and Showtime channels......you know the ones that have Sho Sports and HBO BAD??????

Comment

I know what you mean mate..........

I didn't even know who the commentators for the Mayweather vs Mosley fight were to be honest

I've heard em before though

So you're saying its impossible to get HBO or Showtime PPV's????

I have another question, is it possible to get the regular HBO and Showtime channels......you know the ones that have Sho Sports and HBO BAD??????
            Nah, we can't get HBO or the Showtime Channels here at all.

HBO is available in Asia thou. But they don't show boxing on it.

Believe me I've been thru this many times, trying to get HBO Boxing here.

Sometimes you might find the odd showbox card on Fox Sports, but it's very rare.

I remember seeing a Adamek fight on fox sports last year or the year before, but it wasn't live thou, like a week or so on delay and I think that was a Showtime card, labeled Main Events for the international Broadcast.

I've looked into getting a Dish for our house, but we ended up moving. Because the amount of money we spent on Boxing PPV on Main Event was thru the roof and the coverage was crap and I would end up trying to get hold of the HBO broadcast for my DVD collection.

Another thing I hate is when you have to pay for the Regular HBO cards on Main Event, that is what I really ****ing hate.

I don't mind buying PPVs that are PPVs in the USA. Funny thing is I have a lot of work friends in USA and that have both Showtime and HBO and never watch it for the boxing.

To be honest, Anthony Mundine is the reason that every a bit of Live Boxing is on PPV in this country.

Comment

Nah, we can't get HBO or the Showtime Channels here at all.

HBO is available in Asia thou. But they don't show boxing on it.

Believe me I've been thru this many times, trying to get HBO Boxing here.

Sometimes you might find the odd showbox card on Fox Sports, but it's very rare.

I remember seeing a Adamek fight on fox sports last year or the year before, but it wasn't live thou, like a week or so on delay and I think that was a Showtime card, labeled Main Events for the international Broadcast.

I've looked into getting a Dish for our house, but we ended up moving. Because the amount of money we spent on Boxing PPV on Main Event was thru the roof and the coverage was crap and I would end up trying to get hold of the HBO broadcast for my DVD collection.

Another thing I hate is when you have to pay for the Regular HBO cards on Main Event, that is what I really ****ing hate.

I don't mind buying PPVs that are PPVs in the USA. Funny thing is I have a lot of work friends in USA and that have both Showtime and HBO and never watch it for the boxing.

To be honest, Anthony Mundine is the reason that every a bit of Live Boxing is on PPV in this country.
              Lol that totally sucks......And i share your resentment that we have to pay for regular shows that American viewers get for free....

I really don't understand why HBO can't air their channel here.......I mean wtf????? don't they want to expand their enterprise.....

Atleast we get Friday Night Fights on ESPN here even though its on a 1 week delay............but the internet is a lifesaver.....I download all HBO BAD, PPV's, Sky and Sho boxing etc from this site

I also remember watching the Gamboa and Juan Manuel Lopez double header on Fox Sports a few months back

lol at Mundine.......kids a joke....I remember he was on the Footy Show a couple years back talking about an imminent comeback to Rugby....lol......he also drove Sonny-Bill out of the country.....

anyways, one thing I notice is the tremendous groundswell of attention MMA has been getting over here........you get that ****e on Free to Air too.....lol

Boxing ain't looking to good in the long run

Comment

Lol that totally sucks......And i share your resentment that we have to pay for regular shows that American viewers get for free....

I really don't understand why HBO can't air their channel here.......I mean wtf????? don't they want to expand their enterprise.....

Atleast we get Friday Night Fights on ESPN here even though its on a 1 week delay............but the internet is a lifesaver.....I download all HBO BAD, PPV's, Sky and Sho boxing etc from this site

I also remember watching the Gamboa and Juan Manuel Lopez double header on Fox Sports a few months back

lol at Mundine.......kids a joke....I remember he was on the Footy Show a couple years back talking about an imminent comeback to Rugby....lol......he also drove Sonny-Bill out of the country.....

anyways, one thing I notice is the tremendous groundswell of attention MMA has been getting over here........you get that ****e on Free to Air too.....lol

Boxing ain't looking to good in the long run
                You are right dude.

Those TOP RANK card's are bad at all, but they aren't live, why can't they be. Is my question.

What kills the ESPN fight cards is the ****in adds.

Reason being once Mundine started fighting back in 2000 on main event PPV and people started buying the ****, they put a price ticket on every live boxing Match that came into this country from the states.

I've said this before but I remember watching KT fighting on HBO BAD for free on Fox Sports LIVE back in 98. **** I would kill for that now.

Comment

These Companies and Promoters are damaging whatever life there is left of this Sport......Only way a sport can remain alive is if people watch it.....nobody is gonna fork out cash in these times....

You probably know better than me about boxing on TV here in Aus cause i'm 20 yrs old but one thing is for certain.........as long as MMA is on free to air and Boxing continues to be on cable and PPV.......Boxing will shoot itself in the foot.......

I remember I was over at my mates place just chillin'.....we were flickin through channels and we see the UFC......he was apparently a fan so i thought he might know boxing aswell and I ask him did you see Pacquiao knock out Hatton and he says to me "Who's Pacquiao?", meanwhile he could name me dozens of UFC fighters lol............and that is the situation of Boxing and MMA in Aus....MMA has a broader, younger following

Comment

These Companies and Promoters are damaging whatever life there is left of this Sport......Only way a sport can remain alive is if people watch it.....nobody is gonna fork out cash in these times....

You probably know better than me about boxing on TV here in Aus cause i'm 20 yrs old but one thing is for certain.........as long as MMA is on free to air and Boxing continues to be on cable and PPV.......Boxing will shoot itself in the foot.......

I remember I was over at my mates place just chillin'.....we were flickin through channels and we see the UFC......he was apparently a fan so i thought he might know boxing aswell and I ask him did you see Pacquiao knock out Hatton and he says to me "Who's Pacquiao?", meanwhile he could name me dozens of UFC fighters lol............and that is the situation of Boxing and MMA in Aus....MMA has a broader, younger following
                    Yeah UFC is very mainstream at the moment..

Comment

Working...
                    X