Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man shot 13 times by police

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

funny how the knife was never found, anybody notice how his foot is caught in the seat belt at 3:20. that's why he stumbled out

and why the hell did they handcuff him after he was clearly dead

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      If you were a cop you would be trained NOT to shoot at his legs. When a situation becomes a life threatening, you shoot to kill period. This is why cops need to see your hands at all times. If they do not, they have to assume the worst. They cannot wait to see if the guy pulls a gun, as it would only take a millisecond for them to get a shot off. This is not the wild west quick draw game.

Are there cops who over react to situations? Yes. We see it all the time. This situation though, they guy was dangerous and was not complying.
      The situation was not life threatening, the guy got out the car in a weird manner but didn't present any weapons or pose any real threat. He should've listened to the cop and if he did draw for a weapon, then it's justified. But I felt he panicked and when he did respond, it was overkill. He shouts drop the knife but is nowhere near the range in which he could be harmed.

So you're telling me it's ok if I was shot dead if the cops couldn't see my hands?

Or yourself, or your child?

Comment

Disgusting. Hopehfully that cops wife or daughter gets to see his life evaporate in front of their eyes, too.

Comment

That was ridiculous. Looks like he just planned to shoot the guy all along. He's just like "drop the knife now!" bang bang bang bang....

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
            funny how the knife was never found, anybody notice how his foot is caught in the seat belt at 3:20. that's why he stumbled out

and why the hell did they handcuff him after he was clearly dead
            he stumbled out the car because he tried to run...the officer didn't drive up to him and start shooting he gave him orders and he didn't obey remember the officer doesn't know what he has on him and once he reached for something then the officer is in danger, put yourself in his shoes and tell me that you would stand there and ask a criminal what's he reaching for.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
              he stumbled out the car because he tried to run...the officer didn't drive up to him and start shooting he gave him orders and he didn't obey remember the officer doesn't know what he has on him and once he reached for something then the officer is in danger, put yourself in his shoes and tell me that you would stand there and ask a criminal what's he reaching for.
              #1 - Because you don't know what he has, does not mean you have the right to shoot him.

#2 - I never seen him reach for anything, what I saw was he was trying to get out of the van and possibly run. Because he doesn't listen to you, that doesn't mean you can shoot him.

We need to stop justifying these types of shootings because the victim is/was a criminal or there was "suspicion" of something. As a police officer you have the right to defend yourself and protect your life and the life of others, what you can't do is be trigger happy and go around shooting people because you "thought" you saw something. When it comes to a person's life you better be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                #1 - Because you don't know what he has, does not mean you have the right to shoot him.

#2 - I never seen him reach for anything, what I saw was he was trying to get out of the van and possibly run. Because he doesn't listen to you, that doesn't mean you can shoot him.

We need to stop justifying these types of shootings because the victim is/was a criminal or there was "suspicion" of something. As a police officer you have the right to defend yourself and protect your life and the life of others, what you can't do is be trigger happy and go around shooting people because you "thought" you saw something. When it comes to a person's life you better be sure.
                What this fukn guy said. That shiiit is murder. He ran up on him, at his own home, and kills him because he didn't follow orders? Gtfoh.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

like always I understand the point you're trying to make but...if you was the officer what do you do in a situation like that...

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                    That was ridiculous. Looks like he just planned to shoot the guy all along. He's just like "drop the knife now!" bang bang bang bang....
                    yep. that's how i saw it. but whatever, apparently the police are always justified in these situation - at least in the eyes of some posters.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                      like always I understand the point you're trying to make but...if you was the officer what do you do in a situation like that...
                      First off, don't bum rush the guy and panic him. Maintain a distance and demand he drop to the floor, analyse the situation and the scene and determine whether or not he poses a threat.

I'd tell the suspect I'd shoot if he didn't put his hands on the roof of the car or in the air. If he reaches into his pocket or truck, he's getting shot once. Not 13 times.

He can make as many jerky/crazy movements as he wants with his legs, I'm only interested in his arms and legs. If he tries to run, call for back-up and pursue on foot. I'd much rather he run and get away then having to pump a clip into him and taking a human life like that. He's known to the police so he would've been picked up later that day and would still be alive.

The police officer panicked and is not fit for duty.

Comment

Working...
                      X