Collapse
No announcement yet.

List the Super Welters You Think Miguel Cotto Can Beat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miguel needs to go up to 160. I think his style and granite chin/physical work rate is perfect for 160. At 160 I favor him over everyone bar Martinez.

I think at 154 he's too drained and it's not his true weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      He can beat:

Bundrage
      Kirkland
      Trout[Yes he can beat him]
      Molina
      Vanes
      Dzinzuruk

He'd lose to:

Mayweather
      Lara
      Canelo
      I can't see how he can beat Molina...vanes is also tall and have same trout style..actually he did beat trout tree times in the ams

Comment

Anyone remember how exciting Cotto stans with the idea of Cotto going up to a CATCH WEIGHT beyond 154 for a 4th world title?? Now all of a sudden "he's too small". Gotta love it.

Comment

Everybody needs to drop all this talk about Cotto not being a JMW. Where was this talk when Pacquiao wanted him to go 147 to fight a rematch? Wasn't he going to get weightdrained? Weren't people including myself, calling that fight a farce if it happened under 154? Now Cotto is not a JMW?

I stick to Cotto being a full fledged JMW, who can beat top guys who he has a style advantage over, just like any other guy from any other weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            Anyone remember how exciting Cotto stans with the idea of Cotto going up to a CATCH WEIGHT beyond 154 for a 4th world title?? Now all of a sudden "he's too small". Gotta love it.
            There's an excuse after every single Cotto loss.

What happened to Trout being garbage, fighting nobody and being a tuneup for Cotto vs. Canelo?

Hell they were discussing a potential Cotto vs. Chavez Jr. matchup. What's he walk around at like 190?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Everybody needs to drop all this talk about Cotto not being a JMW. Where was this talk when Pacquiao wanted him to go 147 to fight a rematch? Wasn't he going to get weightdrained? Weren't people including myself, calling that fight a farce if it happened under 154? Now Cotto is not a JMW?

I stick to Cotto being a full fledged JMW, who can beat top guys who he has a style advantage over, just like any other guy from any other weight class.
              yes, but you were wrong. cotto wanted to fight margarito at 150 because he knew margarito was huge at 154. he's tiny at 154 but is too lazy to train hard to make 147. sign of a finished fighter. no desire.

Comment

He can still beat Kirkland, Angulo, Vanes, Bundrage, Molina, and Canelo (has yet to face a really tough opponent).

He loses 100% to Floyd, Trout, and Lara.

Why is everyone acting like Trout completely out classed and schooled him??? Trout won a 116-112 type decision. 115-113 if you favored Cotto and 117-111 if you gave every close round to Trout. I had that fight closer than Floyd-Cotto, which Floyd won 118-110/117-111.

Cotto wasn't out classed by either Floyd or Trout, he was handily beaten by better fighters.

Comment

knock out a comebacking pawel wolak, fight with canelo to a stoppage loss, and then retire.

cotto has shown that he's mentally checked out of boxing. if he beats guys at 154 it's only because they're not very good.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    knock out a comebacking pawel wolak, fight with canelo to a stoppage loss, and then retire.

cotto has shown that he's mentally checked out of boxing. if he beats guys at 154 it's only because they're not very good.
                    I became very sure about Trout winning when right before the fight, they showed that scene where Cotto talked about wanting to be a better father and how he would be retiring soon. That's not the kind of mentality you need to have when fighting a up-and-comer who's looking to become relevant. He's just asking for an ass whupping if he's going into the ring with that mind-set

Comment

Working...
                    X