Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez vs. Keith Thurman Possible For 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see Thurman fighting guys like Maidana, Angulo, and Kirkland as step up fights. If he gets past those than he should be put up for a title fight. However, I really don't understand what people see in him since he is a very sloppy fighter. I think many people in boxing like when a fighter has power and are blinded by it, in a way. Power punchers are good, but it takes more than that to make it to the top. I don't see him getting too far, with power alone. But, let's see what happens.
    Last edited by Null; 11-26-2012, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I'd like to see Thurman fight a Delvin next, beat him. Than fight a Kirkland or Angulo. If he were to get a win like that, Canelo-Thurman would be a pretty big fight.

Comment

Not happening anytime soon, I'd imagine.

Golden Boy's main goal IMO is Canelo-Cotto next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
          I can see Thurman fighting guys like Maidana, Angulo, and Kirkland as step up fights. If he gets past those than he should be put up for a title fight. However, I really don't understand what people see in him since he is a very sloppy fighter. I think many people in boxing like when a fighter has power and are blinded by it, in a way. Power punchers are good, but it takes more than that to make it to the top. I don't see him getting too far, with power alone. But, let's see what happens.
          You guys don't know what you're talking about. Keith is a phenomenal boxer. Did nobody else see how he set that shot up that put Quintana down? That was great boxing.

The guy has had over 100 fights in the amateurs, with over 100 wins. He can definitely box.

Comment

Canelo is an entire tier above Thurman. This fight won't happen.

Comment

that would require canelo fighting a 154 lber that's not coming off of losses.
              not happening.

Comment

Meh. No thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPunch View Post
                  that would require canelo fighting a 154 lber that's not coming off of losses.
                  not happening.
                  This^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

HBO force Thurman vs Quintana, HBO have more HBO guys they can force on Thurman ..

147 HBO fighters
                    Robert Guerrero
                    Selcuk Aydin
                    Luis Carlos Abregu
                    Antonin Decaire

154 HBO fighters
                    James Kirkland
                    Serhiy Dzinziruk
                    Gabriel Rosado

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
                      Canelo is not the onlyone who want to fight the too guys..thruman wants too..every boxer want that..
                      Sure everybody wants the big fights. The difference is Canelo is a world champ and a huge money maker himself and Thurman is not. So guess who will have a better chance to fight those guys first. Hey, maybe Thurman could fight Lara.

Comment

Working...
                      X