Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how i would fix boxing and determine rankings...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how i would fix boxing and determine rankings...

there would only be 1 world title. there would be 4 major regional belts giving that regional champion an automatic top 4 ranking. the regions would be NORTH AMERICA(only including canada & US), LATIN AMERICA(mexico, central & south america), EUROPE, ASIAN/PACIFIC(asian countries & australia, new zealand). those 4 champions would fight each other with the winner being crowned the world champion. each region can have their own minor regional titles to determine their own rankings & who gets a shot at the Major regional champion. this would make fighters have to me more active & the corruption would be minimal.there obviously would be flaws like the money would be different in each region but if you win the MAJOR region belt & get a top 4 ranking you will be entitled to a large payday equal to your opponent. you get even bigger but equal paydays if you are in the final eliminator. getting a world title shot would get you the biggest payday but the champion would get double your purse. after the initial tourney to determine the real WORLD champion then the box off from the top 4 is not needed anymore as the world champion can defend against any top 4 contender. when you get a title shot you must vacate your regional belt. if you lose your title shot you have gotten your big payday & have to go back to the bottom & work your way back up your regional rankings to try & get in position again. this way many guys will fight each other more then once & every fight the stakes are high...too bad this is only a dream! anyone else got any ideas?
    Last edited by joe strong; 10-28-2012, 06:20 PM.

Not bad, sounds pretty good but pipe dreams always sound good

Comment

Would like to see Boxing go UFC and just have 1 champoinship per weight class like u mentioned but im not with the regional championships.

Comment

I would also like 4 Arum to get banned from the sport for being such a ******

Comment

Comment

A lot of good ideas and common sense but is just to logical to work and too many promoters would stand to lose money if this system was in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
              A lot of good ideas and common sense but is just to logical to work and too many promoters would stand to lose money if this system was in place.
              you got that right...as i said it's just a dream!!!! lol!

Comment

you would be allowed to move regions but you would have to become a citizen before you are eligible to be ranked in it's region & you can use your duel citizenship to your advantage much like a guy like chauncey welliver being both an american & newzealand citizen. in reality he is able to be ranked in both regions of north america & asian pacific. that is how he got a good ranking in the WBO & WBC(since lost both with 2 losses in a row). he held regional titles in both the states & asian pacific. although he still holds the WBC continental americas title.

Comment

It's not a fair system at all. When one area of the world produces a disproportionate amount of talent, eg. Europe for HWs, Asia for lower weights, why should they fight off against each other for a single place when they are probably better than the other regions?

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
                    It's not a fair system at all. When one area of the world produces a disproportionate amount of talent, eg. Europe for HWs, Asia for lower weights, why should they fight off against each other for a single place when they are probably better than the other regions?
                    you have a point but moving is always an option as i posted later. you become a citizen in another region you can fight in 2 different regions. there are good fighters in most regions at every weight class but yes some are much better then others. it was just a fantasy idea. i also asked if anyone else had a good idea...do you have one?

Comment

Working...
                    X