No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach does deserve 90 percent of the blame for his fighters losses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Roach does deserve 90 percent of the blame for his fighters losses

I normally hate when fighters blame the trainers, but Freddie Roach needs to be humbled. I think he is the main reason his fighters are losing bad, mainly because he lack of defense teaching. 90 percent blame goes to roach and 10 percent because its the fighter who has to fight, but Roach has to get them ready with the right game plan.

I think in this case he is the cause for his fighters losing and looking like crap. Floyd Mayweather Sr. said something very interesting in regards to the Pacquiao vs. Marquez 4 fight, he said Pacquiao looked great he said Pac was using a lot of head movements and feints and beating Marquez up in there. But he said you know Roach never taught that to Manny, he said someone else came in camp and taught Manny those defensive moves because Roach doesn't have any defense and can't teach something he doesn't know, and the sad thing is nobody came in to teach Manny that, those were the same moves Manny used against Barrera he used to move his head side to side like that.

If u watched 24/7 you now know it was Pacman all along who taught himself not Roach, So Pacman is just with Roach out of loyalty and trains himself. Roach said he doesn't tell Pacman what to do Pacman tells him what to do and comes up with the strategy and before the KO Pacman was looking pretty good.

So those three fights which Roach devised a game plan that all failed, yet when Roach doesn't devise a game plan and allows Manny to do his own way Manny looked much better, despite making fatal mistake of lunging in with his hands down at the end.

Roach fighters have no defense they do the same three punch combo and roll out and one fighter who tried to use it but failed miserably was Linares he got his ass whooped trying to use that three punch combo and roll out and under, all Roach does is act like an ego maniac celebrity now, he let the fame and attention get to his head, he used to be a friendly guy now he is rude to people, kicks them out of his gym, doesn't like signing autographs, and was talking so much crap saying my fighter will KO this guy in so and so rounds, only to have it backfire.

Roach is just an offensive mitt man, same mitt routine, nothing special, no defensive techniques nothing.

I am sorry to say this but Roach is pretty much overrated and was just lucky that Pacquiao came to his gym, a good trainer will help you learn some defense and offense.

The only positive thing I have to say bout Roach is what he did for Manny during the time Murad Muhammad was robbing him blind, he stuck up for him and went to trial with Manny and helped him out. But as a trainer he hasn't done much for his fighters defensively.

I feel sorry for Frankie Gomez, I hope he doesn't face the same fate of Amir Khan, Chavez Jr, Linares and Pacquiao.

to be fair only one who put the blame on freddie was Khan, neither Chavez jr or Pacquiao has place blame on freddie. Linares was actually doing great against demarco till his face couldent hold up, cant train skin tissue!

Comment

90%??? He isn't fighting.....

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
        90%??? He isn't fighting.....
        That's why I said 10 percent goes to the fighter because they have to fight in the ring, 90 percent of the fight game is mental and coming up with the right game plan.

Roach is very overrated, he has no understanding of defense at all.

Comment

ugh one of the reasons why I seldom venture here anymore.

so easy to ***** on someone when they're down and forget how successful they were when things were up

It's funny because seems like the Manny debacle is what is drawing the ire of this thread yet

most thought Manny was robbed against Bradley
          he's held his own and then some against JMM
          blown out everyone else in his path

Manny is an offensive fighter who uses his offense as his defense at times to pin this on solely on Roach is laughable

as for the others

Linares was clearly outboxing DeMarco before he gassed and decided he needed to trade
          Chavez Jr is a man onto his own island no one gets to him. In fact, the mere fact that Chavez has been as successful as he has been should be more testament to Roach than anything
          Amir Khan I do agree a bit Roach's style didn't mesh well with Roach but it's not like Hunter did a 180 with him either

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            That's why I said 10 percent goes to the fighter because they have to fight in the ring, 90 percent of the fight game is mental and coming up with the right game plan.

Roach is very overrated, he has no understanding of defense at all.
            90% of the fight game is not mental.

that just dumb, yes the mental part is a big part but not that big.

Comment

Pacquiao's gameplan was working. You're saying Sr. said it wasn't down to Roach. While it may be true I struggle to believe that.

Khan was beating Garcia, Roach warned him before the third and fourth rounds but Khan didn't listen.

Roach is not a defensive orientated trainer. Probably a fair comment, he has said as much himself in recent weeks.

Who should train Pacquiao instead?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Pacquiao's gameplan was working. You're saying Sr. said it wasn't down to Roach. While it may be true I struggle to believe that.

Khan was beating Garcia, Roach warned him before the third and fourth rounds but Khan didn't listen.

Roach is not a defensive orientated trainer. Probably a fair comment, he has said as much himself in recent weeks.

I think Pacquiao should have gotten with someone who is more of an all around trainer like Joe Goossen who trains fighters in So California, Goossen would have been a great trainer for Manny, he is offensive minded but also teaches his boxers how to cut off the ring and how to use the ring.

He trained Casamayor, Diego Corrales, Michael Nunn, and many others.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

Mayweather Sr.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealNess View Post
                    90% of the fight game is not mental.

that just dumb, yes the mental part is a big part but not that big.
                    Let me guess you have never boxed ?

Boxing is at least 90% mental, I have beaten up big strong, vastly fysical superior men inside the rops, just because the diddent have the mental part in them.

Comment

Working...
                    X