Collapse
No announcement yet.

The end of the Republican party?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naw man. People could have said the same about Democrats when Bush was elected to a 2nd term. He had one of the worst runs from 01-04 and most the country seemed to hate Bush, yet he got elected again. Romney had too much ground to make up after the 47% stuff, the anti-birth control stuff, and he tried to drift back closer to the middle after being so far right and conservative, far too late.

But unless Obama really actually delivers big time these next 4 years and cuts this deficit, expect a republican to win in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      That's insulting, you saying I'm not a a hard working American? I have never been on any kind of welfare, SS or free medicine. I pay may taxes, work 2 jobs and abide by the laws of this country.

Why did I vote Obama then?
      Don't take it offensively, you bust your ass just like I do but the majority doesn't, they sit back and collect, we are both pulling the wagon even though we voted different.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Naw man. People could have said the same about Democrats when Bush was elected to a 2nd term. He had one of the worst runs from 01-04 and most the country seemed to hate Bush, yet he got elected again. Romney had too much ground to make up after the 47% stuff, the anti-birth control stuff, and he tried to drift back closer to the middle after being so far right and conservative, far too late.

But unless Obama really actually delivers big time these next 4 years and cuts this deficit, expect a republican to win in 2016.
        I don't think it's the same thing in the least. When Bush was running in his second term, it was very close and the demographics were much different. Whether or not people like to admit this, the country has changed.

It was 76% of whites in the U.S when Bush ran, then it was 74% the second time and this time it was 72% and Obama won 43% of them...

That's not good for the republican party. They lost the hispanic vote, black, gay, and woman vote. That doesn't leave much, like I said, unless the republican party can redefine themselves, they are in serious trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
          Don't take it offensively, you bust your ass just like I do but the majority doesn't, they sit back and collect, we are both pulling the wagon even though we voted different.
          So what about a poor person who does work, but needs to assistance still??? Are they not busting their ass in your eyes???

Hey I agree with Republicans on immigration and can take or leave Obamacare. But that 47% Romney was talking about consisted of not just lazy poor people. It also consisted of working poor, old retired people who are struggling, and veterans too. It's not just lazy people who don't want to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            I don't think it's the same thing in the least. When Bush was running in his second term, it was very close and the demographics were much different. Whether or not people like to admit this, the country has changed.

It was 76% of whites in the U.S when Bush ran, then it was 74% the second time and this time it was 72% and Obama won 43% of them...

That's not good for the republican party. They lost the hispanic vote, black, gay, and woman vote. That doesn't leave much, like I said, unless the republican party can redefine themselves, they are in serious trouble.
            If Rubio gets the nomination in 2016, the Democrats will lose to Latino vote. The changing demographics favor Democrats, but you said so yourself.....over 70% of this country is still white. That's not bad or anything, but as an African American, I still feel like I live in country where the majority of the people are white, because in this country that's how it is.

It is the same thing. People were wondering back in 2004 how Kerry lost, with all that Bush had stacked against him. People were wondering if Democrats would produce a candidate that would win. In comes Obama against the joke that was McCain/Palin.

Rubio will win in 2016 if he gets the nomination. The first Latino American president. I know he'll clean up states with significant Latino populations, except for maybe California because California is always democrat.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              So what about a poor person who does work, but needs to assistance still??? Are they not busting their ass in your eyes???

Hey I agree with Republicans on immigration and can take or leave Obamacare. But that 47% Romney was talking about consisted of not just lazy poor people. It also consisted of working poor, old retired people who are struggling, and veterans too. It's not just lazy people who don't want to work.
              I'm against helping the lazy, that's what irritates me.

Comment

I am of the opinion that there's a cultural shift that's happening in America right now that doesn't bode well for the religious right. Hopefully this is a sign that America is finally starting to catch up to the rest of the first world, driven by secular values.
                Last edited by deliveryman; 11-07-2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

There's a lot of people taking advantage of the system here in Canada, which is incredibly more 'luxurious' than the one you have in the States.

I still believe that we should help people that genuinely need it. There just needs to be stricter guidelines and more follow through that is currently talking place, IMO.
                  Last edited by deliveryman; 11-07-2012, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Corners

Your belief that most Obama voters are lazy and poor is pretty shallow and ignorant . Especially. when you consider California . Obama's campaign wasn't funded by lazy and poor people .

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

There will always be a few lazy bums who just collect. Still doesn't change the fact that many people actually need help and would work if given a chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X