Collapse
No announcement yet.

Azumah Nelson vs Brian Mitchell at 130?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azumah Nelson vs Brian Mitchell at 130?

Is there a reason why this fight never happened? I think it would of been an awesome fight.

How do you guys think it would of played out if they had fought?

All-African affair.Azumah would probably pull off a nailbiter over Brian, but it could go the other way.

Comment

I don't really know why that fight didn't happen but I suspect that Mitchells handlers knew what the rest of the world knew, that the gap in talent between the two is immense. Nelson has all the advantages- hand speed, defense, coordination, resume, power, etc. I saw Mitchell fight several times and he was a good fighter, however I saw nothing to make me think he could ever have beaten the professor

Comment

Nelson by stoppage somewhere between 7-10 rds

Comment

I agree with the Consensus here, I rate Nelson top 10 easy in his division all-time Mitchell, I would not, so that reason alone I would say Nelson.

Comment

- -I'd say the reason they never fought is the same that caused Mitchell to fight abroad, he was South African!

International boycott, blah, blah.

Nothing professorial about Zoomy style. He was a straight up swarming pressure fighter. Mitchell a great underrated boxer with footwork who took on notable sluggers has the advantage much like a 23 yr Sal had over zoomy. Box and move and outclass him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rspen46 View Post
              I agree with the Consensus here, I rate Nelson top 10 easy in his division all-time Mitchell, I would not, so that reason alone I would say Nelson.
              Agreed.

Comment

Working...
              X