No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime's Espinoza Reacts To Critics of Barclays Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Showtime's Espinoza Reacts To Critics of Barclays Card

The head of Showtime Sports, Stephen Espinoza, has received a lot of criticism over purchasing Saturday night's tripleheader from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. From top to bottom, fans are not happy.

The main event features WBC/WBA 140-pound champion Danny Garcia facing Rod Salka in a ten round non-title fight. Salka, mid-level contender at 135, is moving up to face Garcia. The fight received even more heat after the sanctioning bodies refused to approve it as a title fight and then Garcia's side requested a catch-weight of 142-pounds to boot.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Whatever! This card sucks. Now next week @ StubHub...pretty good! No reason this couldn't have been Peterson vs. Garcia. I think Danny got shook after fighting Herrera, and wanted a "tune-up," before a Peterson or Matthysse fight.

Comment

Haymon got this dude on a leash

Comment

Terrible card. Espinoza seems like he is just trying to get thru 2014 and hope the GBP/SChaeffer situation resolves itself.

This card may not get 500k viewers.

Comment

Someone explain to me how Espinoza can get away with this...

Comment

As long as this tool keeps buying these cards from Haymon we'll keep getting crap matchups. Next week's fight is a good one but that was a mandatory or we may have never seen that one either.

Comment

Notice how he barely tweets anymore?

It must be embarrassing when the Showtime execs ask him about all the hate he gets + there declining ratings.

Comment

Much praise. I'm really surprised they went with a very dangerous and underrated samba. Simba has the power and skill to ko fanny

Comment

P4P 1 ,ATG, HOF'ER

Comment

What the hell is this slimy looking douche bag supposed to say? Of course he is going to try and spin it. I just hope people are blasting him on twitter since he feels its necessary for a network exec to "tweet."

Comment

Working...
                    X