Golovkin vs Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump (after Chavez Jr fight)

Comment

It was Sergio beforehand & that still stands only with more certainty.

Comment

Golovkin by TKO. He's a come forward fighter, who knows how to box and to place power punches. He's the younger and fresher of the two fighters and he doesn't have all the ring wear that Martinez has. Martinez was able to deal with JCC Jr. because Chavez was coming forward most of the time but not punching nearly enough. I don't think Martinez can deal with a come forward guy who can really crack..

Comment

Fight is a toss up imo.

Comment

tough fight to call..golovkin definitely has the power to stop martinez, but i'm not sure how well golovkin will deal with martinez's speed. I think golovkin should be able to take martinez's power okay especially considering he spars guys that are light heavyweight and above. so if this fight happens i'll be rooting for golovkin..definitely one of my favourite fighters out there right now.

Comment

golovkin looks like a sturdy fighter who can take a punch. he has that dangerous combination of qualities of having good power and durability...he will be a problem to anybody at MW including martinez. if golovkin has the heart of a champion he will go far.

as for the poll, i will still give the edge to martinez but just slightly. golovkin hasn't really been tested yet but he's obviously a talented fighter that's why he will be favored to win against other MWs aside from martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                imagine Sergio .. what exactly?

Proksa is a big puncher, probably harder than Sergio or at least very similar. Golovkin isn't gonna get stopped by Sergio.
                WHAT? At what point did you think Proksa hits harder than Martinez when he was getting beat by kerry Hope.

But I do think Golovkins chin will similar to Chavez's.

Comment

I think Sergio's big power is his speed, his speed + power combined >>Proksa, but Proksa is very heavy handed himself

Comment

Sergio would box circles around him, GGG's defense is non existent, just as bad as JCC if not worse. The only way Sergio loses this fight is if he doesn't return to his regular self after the two injuries or if he does what he did against Chavez when he stayed on the ropes taunting him which I really doubt he does.

Golovkin is good but not THAT good, if the Ouma fight had gone to the cards the fight either ends in a draw or a win for Ouma, and Ouma was last good like 5 years ago. Up until the 10th the fight was even, 3 out of the 5 rounds I gave to golovkin could've gone eithe way as well.

Comment

Gennady systematically breaks Martinez down and knocks him unconscious

Comment

Working...
                      X