Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of problems do wealthy people have?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
    Cocaine Problems..............
    coke aint a problem when you can afford it...

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
      Often the expectations on them are severe, and they don't have any real control as to the direction of their life without being disowned in some fashion (not just financially, but from their parent's favor or the family structure as a whole).

A common example of this is, from birth, they've been expected to work for the family company and groomed for advancement. Being placed in a position based on birth creates resentment, and often they are pariahs among their own colleagues, and forced into a definitive career path whether or not it suits them. Many crack under the pressure, which, in combination with a generally absentee upbringing with a lot of financial freedom, leads to a chaotic family dynamic with heavy disappoint/guilt/certain children being viewed as total failures, etc.

When an individual spends their entire life building a fortune, their work is their real family, and their progeny generally exist only to continue their own egotistic legacy in their minds (nothing is ever their fault as a parent - you were brought up in luxury, how dare I be considered to have made any mistakes or sacrifices in raising you). There's often a high degree of selfishness on all sides.
      This is the best post I have read on this thread and is spot on.

Kev,Money is a just a compenent of people's lives. If these rich kids come from messed up families they are going to have big issues regardless of how fortunate you may think they are.
      Very often there is expectation put on them by their families where they have standards that they can't live up to. The money is given with one hand but there is a guilt trip attached to it. The conditioning process of the high expectation levels would be layed on and started as a child and would most likely be felt as a constant pressure.
      The softness of the upbringing can arest personal development because there is no need to make something of yourself. Think of a Lion in captivity compared to a wild one. The same things happens with humans.
      You mention Private Schools in the UK that means you are most likely a boarder and sent away for long stretches from your family to live with other kids. Very often this can lead to a feeling of rejection and boarding schools can be harsh places run by bells and whistles and can feel like half school half prison. They say going to a boarding school is the best mental preparation you can have for spending time in a prison.

Comment

I've known a handful of these kids... children of important political players driving in expensive mercedes, beamers whatever since the age of 12.. snorting cocaine by the age of 14, little ****s.. couldn't fend for themselves if it depended their lives, tugged safely behind doors.. TURRRIBLE lives in their lifes... Tubs full of fat whores with cocaine in their ass cracks, bastards

Comment

Everyone has problems. Its all relative, Kev. For instance, I'm not a wealthy person, and I can complain all day about my life to them.

However, compared to a permanently injured, homeless veteran with post traumatic stress disorder, or a broke cancer/aids patient, my problems are nothing.

Just because one person has something one way, doesn't mean you can't complain about it because someone somewhere has it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
            Often the expectations on them are severe, and they don't have any real control as to the direction of their life without being disowned in some fashion (not just financially, but from their parent's favor or the family structure as a whole).

A common example of this is, from birth, they've been expected to work for the family company and groomed for advancement. Being placed in a position based on birth creates resentment, and often they are pariahs among their own colleagues, and forced into a definitive career path whether or not it suits them. Many crack under the pressure, which, in combination with a generally absentee upbringing with a lot of financial freedom, leads to a chaotic family dynamic with heavy disappoint/guilt/certain children being viewed as total failures, etc.

When an individual spends their entire life building a fortune, their work is their real family, and their progeny generally exist only to continue their own egotistic legacy in their minds (nothing is ever their fault as a parent - you were brought up in luxury, how dare I be considered to have made any mistakes or sacrifices in raising you). There's often a high degree of selfishness on all sides.
            u just told the story of my entire life.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby No Sex View Post
              u just told the story of my entire life.
              Somehow I strongly doubt that

Comment

Its a sad life to get whatever you want. I love dreaming about things I can afford and when I finally get them its a great feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Some of these young people would tell you that they live a miserable life and that money isn't everything.

What do you think is so miserable about these people's lives?
                  They have the same problems that "poor people" have whether it be low self-esteem, substance abuse, depression etc (look at celebrities).

However unlike the poor people they know from experience that money isn't the answer to their problems, money =/= a happy life, that's just an illusion (poor Bangladeshis are officially the happiest people in the world).
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 08-24-2012, 07:37 AM.

Comment

The difference is the parents have no time to spend time with their kids their kids grow up feeling neglected yeah they have it all but their parents think that they can buy their children's love. My mum and dad are always out working for money and their at the point now where they have their own business own 2 shops etc it's gave me a better life I can agree but I'd much rather my parents had no money and spent more time with me than have it all and grow up not knowing much about who my parents really are. Some kids want it all others just want to be loved and supported and feel secure which is why I feel sorry for kids that are neglected by their parents completely.

Comment

Same as anyone else. I know loads of rich kids and they're no different

Comment

Working...
                      X