No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Will Not Be Fighting on July 14th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    You support his decision in wanting an easy fight over a better fight?

And you should know a least a little bit about how boxing is about money (don't play dumb, you've discussed finances before on NSB). You don't need to be an accountant to know that if a fighter is going to have a PPV and fight at the cowboys stadium they better at least have a credible opponent if they want to make some money. It's not rocket science man.
    That was actually my first love, I was on my way to majoring in Aerospace Engineering[Rocket Science]. That was all derailed, I had to drop out of college to get some important surgeries. 3 years later i'm back with a new goal. What did you major in bro?

Boxing is about money but Bob Arum is more about himself, and only himself, and if he doesn't have things the way he wants it, he'll sit you down. F-ck him.

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post
      Didn't Ring Magazine vote Pacquiao-Marquez 3 the "Robbery of the Year"?
      That was a reader poll.

Sounds like Marquez is fine with sitting out and waiting for Pac. His prerogative. Could be a risky bet.

Comment

Do you really have to have a "credible" opponent to fight in Cowboys Stadium?

How credible was Antonio Margarito for Manny Pacquiao, who was not even ranked in the top 10 in any weight class?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

How credible was Antonio Margarito for Manny Pacquiao, who was not even ranked in the top 10 in any weight class?
          relevance is what matters

Comment

That was actually my first love, I was on my way to majoring in Aerospace Engineering[Rocket Science]. That was all derailed, I had to drop out of college to get some important surgeries. 3 years later i'm back with a new goal. What did you major in bro?

Boxing is about money but Bob Arum is more about himself, and only himself, and if he doesn't have things the way he wants it, he'll sit you down. F-ck him.
            That's not true. I think out of all the promoters right now he is actually quite the opposite of what sitting his fighters down.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
              Marquez just fought last month. Theres no need to fight again in July, and to everbody saying Marquez is begging and chasing Pac for a fourth fight Bob Arum is the one that said a fourth fight need's to happen. Arum said that immediately after the third fight while the fighters were still in the ring.
              Of course he did and it sickened everyone.

Originally posted by elin77 View Post
              Marquez claimed to have beaten Pacquiao 3 times. Yet he keeps on wanting to fight with southpaws to get better at it, LMAO. If Marquez thought he won, then he should be supremely confident. Have you ever seen a boxer this infatuated with another boxer. Marquez you lost! Get over it. You tried your hardest in the last fight and still couldn't win. That's it. Go after someone else for God sake.
              He didn't really, he coasted the last few rounds after his trainer told him the fight was in the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by zuldo View Post
                Markez needs to get off paquiao's di###.....i cant wait
                for june 9 when Bradley ends all this bulls###..no more paquiao
                No more 50-50 no more paquiao vs markes 4...go back to read
                the bible n hate guy people assshol#####...
                I bet you are yesir alt. Same moves all the time.

Comment

If Arum was the great promoter a lot of you make him out to be, he still would have had Mayweather, Cotto and Gamboa[he's still in Top Rank but is unofficially out], and De La Hoya would have retired a TR fighter. Obviously, only uneducated fighters stay with him. Marquez is an intelligent guy though, but he's only in Top Rank for one sole purpose so I can understand that. JMM is like a doctor compared to all of those other TR fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post
                    relevance is what matters
                    Is it credibility or relevance?

Micky Ward is pretty relevant right now, thanks to the movie based on his career. Maybe Marquez should fight Ward in Cowboys Stadium?

Comment

You at least have to have a name and JMM isn't pacquiao who's proven to be a much bigger draw.

Comment

Working...
                      X