No announcement yet.

Please Help w/ Time Constraint workout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help w/ Time Constraint workout

Ok, I graduate in 2 weeks from college. I take double the full time class load, so I don't have time to work out & eat properly. But after graduation I have had it planned that I would start training and eating properly.

I may have found a finance job already but I still have to go through the interview process. I would be working 80hrs a week for like 3 yrs. The opportunity is too good to pass up. Anyway, I would be pushing close to 12 hrs 7 days a week. Any ideas on how I could compress or cut out least important stuff?

Trying to sort out and balance life, in general, is a tough task. You have to decide what is important to you and what you will be dedicated to. You for sure don't want to burn yourself out. Have a good job and finances straight is first most important i would think. then you have to decide what your goals are with training. you have to try and eat the "right" the best you can. you could always try running in the morning before you go to work and then train when you get off. Boxing and training in general takes a lot of dedication and heart. But anything is possible as long as you set your priorities and goals.

Comment

What kinda finance job works 7 days a week?

I thought the term 'bankers hours' was for a reason.

I wouldn't work any job 80 hours a week regularly. I love boxing. I won't do it 80 hrs a week. I love sex...but doubt very much I could do it 80 hrs a week. I sure ain't gonna give up every other aspect of my life to make some $$ just to never have the time to enjoy it.

Maybe I just see things different, I don't know. I'm not trying to be condescending, so please don't take it this way, but, does the word balance mean anything to you?

Comment

Tabata intervals are your best friend then mate, but 80 hours a week? Holy **** you must want that job.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTruthIs View Post
          What kinda finance job works 7 days a week?

I thought the term 'bankers hours' was for a reason.

I wouldn't work any job 80 hours a week regularly. I love boxing. I won't do it 80 hrs a week. I love sex...but doubt very much I could do it 80 hrs a week. I sure ain't gonna give up every other aspect of my life to make some $$ just to never have the time to enjoy it.

Maybe I just see things different, I don't know. I'm not trying to be condescending, so please don't take it this way, but, does the word balance mean anything to you?
          Apparently a lot of brokerage jobs start out like this. As long as you can keep up for 2-3 years you will be set for life pretty much. I'm sure after that period it still requires a lot of hard work but from what I understand that 3 years makes or breaks you. I've never been one to shy away from a challenge so I'm going for it.

If I get the position I'm probably going to start running every morning before I go into work. Maybe pack some healthy food for lunch. And do crunches & lift some weights before bed. I'm going to have to be a machine to keep up with all of this, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Salty View Post
            Tabata intervals are your best friend then mate, but 80 hours a week? Holy **** you must want that job.
            I checked out the Tabata intervals and they seem like they are perfect. What would do u it with? Springing, crunches, pushups, jumprope, ?

Comment

Well goodluck to you, and yes...tabata intervals for the most effective training in least amount of time. I could PM you an old routine I used to do to give you an idea how I worked everything into 20 sec. intervals...then the sprints, which are 20 sec full out 10 sec rest x8.

Comment

work to live, don't live to work

Comment

Originally posted by Ia23n View Post
                  work to live, don't live to work
                  that mentality won't cut it in my field. i want to be successful and unfortunately only hustlers make it when it comes to this stuff. Not to mention its only for 3 years & I'm still young.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTruthIs View Post
                    Well goodluck to you, and yes...tabata intervals for the most effective training in least amount of time. I could PM you an old routine I used to do to give you an idea how I worked everything into 20 sec. intervals...then the sprints, which are 20 sec full out 10 sec rest x8.
                    definately I'd appreciate that man.

Comment

Working...
                    X