Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Manny still be a War Machine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think he has slipped as much as people think,just they know how to fight him now.Oscar,Hatton and Cotto were walking towards him in straight lines.Lateral movement prevents him from letting his hands go.
    Don't expect Manny to blitz Marquez either,styles make fights.Put Manny in with someone like Rios and you will see Manny looking devastating

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I agree with what you said. Pacquiao also agrees and said he will try to bring back the old Pacquiao of the Diaz, Hatton, and De La Hoya fights. He will do all his training in California this time. He is 33 years old and he can't change that. He can train hard and fight with his old ruthless attacking style and killer instinct. I think he will do this. If he can't beat the hell out of Marquez this time then maybe he should retire.
      I think this is a very good move on team Manny, coz ever since he started doing half of his training in the Philippines, he's fighting attitude dropped steadily, to the point that he was doing bible studies just a few days prior to the Bradley match...WTF??!! He may be older now, but he has to harness that OLD KILLER INSTINCT in him to be invincible again inside the ring... And i think the ROBBERY with the Bradley match helped him be motivated and think more, that he is no longer the favorite, that he can no longer rely on judges decision to win a fight... He has to implant again in his brain what most coaches say when fighting outside of your homeland, "Always Go for the KO!!", and the U.S.A. is not his homeland, he is still just an Asian fighting in a foreign country...

Comment

Hell no...we saw him prime jacked up on EPO and that was the war machine...now we just had a distracted guy still jacked up on EPO who relies heavily on sheer athletic ability and is visibly falling off. There is no coming back from a decline in athletic ability with how Pacquiao fights. His epic beard is going to get his face absolutely brutalized. A guy with a great chin and poor defense that relies heavily on speed and agility is just a recipe for disaster in your mid-30s. Pac knows he is declining rapidly and is going to get some big money fights then retire to politics.

Comment

The only time Manny was devastating is with draining CWs and Lazcano leftovers !!

Is what it is , you want the old Manny , then give him another draining CW that weakens his opponent , other wise you have the REAL Manny , the one that struggles with LWs .

Stops Oscar and Cotto yet cant hurt Bradley and JMM , open your eyes to the fact of his big wins instead of hype made out of them !

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
            he needs to start banging whores, gamble, cockfighting, and get rid of that god crap and get him some of that devil inside him again.

I was thinking the same thing. Get back to the old Manny and back on the Ariza shakes. I hope he actually comes to fight this time. I'm getting sick of hearing before every fight that he's focused and is having his best camp. Then show up to the fight performing below average and blaming on distractions, cramping, or the opposition not wanting to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
              I don't think he has slipped as much as people think,just they know how to fight him now.Oscar,Hatton and Cotto were walking towards him in straight lines.Lateral movement prevents him from letting his hands go.
              Don't expect Manny to blitz Marquez either,styles make fights.Put Manny in with someone like Rios and you will see Manny looking devastating
              It's not about straight lines at least not with all of them. Hatton is the only guy you named who fights that way. Manny was a force of nature when he fought them because he had a care free attitude that he couldn't be beat. With all the politics in his life he's different now. If he never became a congressman and boxing was still his life we'd still be seeing the war machine and not the cautious Pac of the past 3-4 fights. I don't know how he gets back to what he was but if he does Jmm is in for a beating.

Comment

manny will be 90 years old and he'll still put his hands in the air and fight back when he's tagged.

the fire otherwise is gone, though. pacquiao should retire.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                  he needs to start banging whores, gamble, cockfighting, and get rid of that god crap and get him some of that devil inside him again.
                  i was about to post this.

Comment

No he can't, I think people need to realise that he has aged 4 years since his fight with De La Hoya, along the way he got into a couple of fights that contributed towards his wear and tear ( Cotto and Margarito).

He's no longer at a point in his career where he can maintain a high output from start to finish. I think blaming it on his camp and outside distractions is denying the reality of his situation.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      manny will be 90 years old and he'll still put his hands in the air and fight back when he's tagged.

the fire otherwise is gone, though. pacquiao should retire.
                      I dont know , he does a lot of chest beating and glove smacking just the same as he always did , he looked the same in the last JMM fight as he did in the others , but your fire is when , Oscar Hatton Cotto and Margo , now look at those fights , all Cws bar Hatton who was shot with a new trainer and padded fights leading to Pac after Floyd stopped the undefeated Hatton .

How come the beast got chased around a 26 ft ring by Margo , why did Manny want a 26 ft ring , break it down , the CW was to weaken Margo , the 8oz gloves was to hit and run and the 26 ft ring was to give Manny all the room in the world to run !

Comment

Working...
                      X