No announcement yet.

Random boxing pointers..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random boxing pointers..

I created this thread for users who would like to share something they learned in boxing what they didn't know before (don't post obvious stuff.)
    Random pointers are welcome also...

POST AWAY!!!!!!

I'll go first...

The first thing I like to do in the ring after finding a comfort zone and ranging myself is create an opening for my opponent to throw a lead right(I'm a southpaw..), and then move out of the way and counter with the jab and feint another punch just to see how he likes to move away from punches...

I recommend feinting+jabbing to anyone who likes to box...it works like a charm once you can give your opponent a reason to be weary of getting hit by you..

Ive learnt that it ****ing hurts too be knock to the solar plexus and ive also learned that it helps to put your foot on your opponents foot when your fighting someone small a quikfeeted

Comment

err you know that it's against the rules right >_>?

When you go for the liver always try to give one to the kiddney too.

Comment

I've learned that if you punch two really quick shots to the jaw, it will momentarily stun the opponent, leaving him open for a big shot. Doesn't even have to be hard punches, just really quick succession. Almost like you punch with both hands at the same time.

I guess it has to do with the balance-fluid in our ears. If the head twists in two different directions really fast, the balance-fluid is unable to keep up, and we get disoriented and shaky.

Comment

ya

keep ur snake in the cage a week till ur fight

Comment

Originally posted by zip
            err you know that it's against the rules right >_>?

When you go for the liver always try to give one to the kiddney too.
            Yeah i know the rules ( i was joking).

Comment

well we dont always need to follow them :P

Comment

hey hey

jab hard, right straight hard

Comment

Weaving to the left and bringing a Right Hook to the head is a very powerful punch, because your right is flowing with the momentum of your body. I usually weave when delivering hooks because you are going with body and arm strength. When throwing a hook keep the hand you're not throwing it with in front of your face to prevent a quick jab from your opponent, really works, it did for me

Comment

Here are several pointers. I am also a southpaw.
                    Use a faint to set up your oppenent.
                    Punch through your oppenent
                    Jab, Jab, Jab
                    As a southpaw i use the left uppercut it usually is not seen because their lookin for a straight left or hook. I also like to go right to the body slip left and hook to the head.

Comment

Working...
                    X