Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm tired of the "Marquez was taking a beating"...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm tired of the "Marquez was taking a beating"...

Let's get one thing straight. In Pacman/Marquez 4 it was the 1st time in the series where Marquez gave all Pacman fans what they asked for. He didn't box, he stood in front of Pacman and traded. That's what the **** happened. He traded with Pacman and steered him into one of the single, most deadly right hands ever landed.

"Marquez was taking a beating", does not apply. You begged for someone to stand and trade. Marquez did just that and the result was the only conclusive victory of the entire 4 fight series. Deal with it.

Toe to toe.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Apache View Post
      Let's get one thing straight. In Pacman/Marquez 4 it was the 1st time in the series where Marquez gave all Pacman fans what they asked for. He didn't box, he stood in front of Pacman and traded. That's what the **** happened. He traded with Pacman and steered him into one of the single, most deadly right hands ever landed.

"Marquez was taking a beating", does not apply. You begged for someone to stand and trade. Marquez did just that and the result was the only conclusive victory of the entire 4 fight series. Deal with it.
      Agreed Marquez fought much more flat footed in that fight than ever I've never seen marquez sit down on his punches like that.

Comment

Yea buta Malquez onry win because he fight Packa foul times, step on foot and cheatie with dlugs!

Comment

It was a great fight going into the 7th oh wait Pacquiaos just got knocked out the nights over everyone go home.

In all seriousness I had Pacquaio up 4-2 as he won the 6th roun unil 5 seconds left and lost not only the 6th round officially, but the entire fight.

That's boxing.

Comment

(Insert standing ovation gif)

Comment

We're all bound to make excuses.
              Last edited by Nights King; 05-15-2014, 07:29 AM.

Comment

I thought he fought the same as always. He trained for power and was slower, Pac showed up possessed, and because of those two circumstances Pac was catching him a lot and had done quite a number on Marquez.

Just because Marquez knocked him out doesn't make the fact Pac was beating him up any less true. Acknowledging this doesn't take away from the victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Apache View Post

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    I thought he fought the same as always. He trained for power and was slower, Pac showed up possessed, and because of those two circumstances Pac was catching him a lot and had done quite a number on Marquez.

Just because Marquez knocked him out doesn't make the fact Pac was beating him up any less true. Acknowledging this doesn't take away from the victory.
                    Yeah, that's how I see it too. Marquez was clearly getting the worst of the exchanges. I don't see how recognising this somehow diminishes the knockout.

Comment

Working...
                    X