No announcement yet.

What's up with the Pirog love?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    Because he is clearly more skilled than the other fighters in the division. It's that simple. We want to see the best fights supposedly, although I'm realising more and more that people on NSB don't actually want to see good fights between the best, they only want to see their fighter beat anyone that they can pretend was good.

It's simple. Years ago, when Mayweather was coming up, people saw him and wanted him fighting the best guys straight away because you can see he's incredibly skilled. You want to see how he handles the best guys and how the best guys handle him. That's what boxing is about, to me at least. Maybe not to you guys that would rather see him in with Macklin.

Pirog is a great fighter and has proven his skills hold up against top contenders. I want to see how well it holds up agains the best in the division, just as I want to see how Martinez can handle it. I don't give a toss about Macklin. We have seen that fight before. Limited brawler, no punching power, Martinez wins easy possibly by late TKO. There is nothing new there, apart from the old adage of 'anything can happen in boxing' and Macklin's only chance is that that 'anything' does happen.

We don't know what will happen in the Pirog/Sexy fight. DOes that make anyone else want to see it?

/end thread

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      So you have a 40+ fight vet and a green 19 fight champ, both with one notable win. One is proven short of world class, the other unproven. I'd be more intrigued with a Pirog fight, I think Macklin is a foregone conclusion. I too was impressed with his effort against Sturm, but not that impressed, gave you my reasons above. And I'm not sure Sturm is a much better win than Jacobs, I don't see Jacobs losing to Martin Murray, Gevor and the like.

I agree Macklin is a better fight for Sergio, both risk and reward wise. But are we really gonna see him fight Dz, Barker, Macklin and Lee in a row?
      See, this is one of the problems with boxing (not aimed at you Hero). Fans are talking about low risk, high reward fights and that they understand why it's happening.....**** that! We don't ever want any low risk high reward fights. We want high risk fights over and per and over. We are paying for these ****ers and that type of talk should only be heard from promoters, managers and all the other greedy, corrupt pigs in boxing.

Whether you love Martinez or not, and I do (no ****...or maybe just a little bit), you should want to see him in with the best even fight. Macklin is clearly not the best choice over Pirog or even on the same level apart from their resumes, unless you're Martinez's promoter.

We are his fans, not his goddamned promoter. I want to see him in with 'high-risk/who-cares-about-his-reward fighters'.

Comment

because he's had the best showings and is actually wanting to fight the best in the division (martinez). sturm, golovkin, and geale (or any other MW) have not called out martinez like pirog has and no one's resume in the division sticks out more than the rest, so the buzz pirog has surrounding him in his caling out of martinez and his performances make him seem like the second best at MW. like BennyST has said about the macklin matchup, martinez stopping him late is what we pretty much expect at this point. pirog's elusive style is deff something that interests a lot of people on how martinez will be able to deal with it. only other tricky guy in the division is proksa but i think pirog beats him pretty convincingly. others like golovkin and kid chocolate haven't really stood out as far as performance-wise goes. the entire division pretty much consists of up and coming contenders or prospects, and pirog is the best looking one out right now.

Comment

because pirog didn't get a gift decision over ruben varon 2 fights ago like macklin. oh wow macklin deserved to beat sturm but did you see sturms last fight against another unknown brit murray? looked like complete crap again. pirog smashed one of hbo's hype guys, dominates his opponents, has a belt, and actually wants to fight martinez unlike frauds like chavez and sturm. why wouldn't you fight him?

Comment

See, this is one of the problems with boxing (not aimed at you Hero). Fans are talking about low risk, high reward fights and that they understand why it's happening.....**** that! We don't ever want any low risk high reward fights. We want high risk fights over and per and over. We are paying for these ****ers and that type of talk should only be heard from promoters, managers and all the other greedy, corrupt pigs in boxing.

Whether you love Martinez or not, and I do (no ****...or maybe just a little bit), you should want to see him in with the best even fight. Macklin is clearly not the best choice over Pirog or even on the same level apart from their resumes, unless you're Martinez's promoter.

We are his fans, not his goddamned promoter. I want to see him in with 'high-risk/who-cares-about-his-reward fighters'.
            Yes, but Sergio is no Berto, he's truly gone from outhouse to penthouse at 35. He's made pennies for like 10 years and is now ready to cash in. I support that, just don't want a long string of lukewarm challengers.

Hope the JCC Jr fight happens for him, I actually think it might be a better fight than Macklin etc. Not that Chavez has proven anything. But he is improving, and will have a good size advantage. I'm not sure that version of Pavlik was much better all around.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Yes, but Sergio is no Berto, he's truly gone from outhouse to penthouse at 35. He's made pennies for like 10 years and is now ready to cash in. I support that, just don't want a long string of lukewarm challengers.

Hope the JCC Jr fight happens for him, I actually think it might be a better fight than Macklin etc. Not that Chavez has proven anything. But he is improving, and will have a good size advantage. I'm not sure that version of Pavlik was much better all around.
              so you only have to fight tough fighters to get to the top but once you get to the top its bum heaven? yes we all hate chavez jr and canelo because they fight bums but that doesn't mean sergio has to. sergio pretended to be different. he pretended to be the guy who would take on all challengers but nope he was just another fraud. worst part about it is he has the skills unlike chavez jr. chavez jr fights bums because he has to. he probably can't beat elite fighters. sergio can beat elite fighters but he's gone soft and won't risk it anymore unless its for huge money. he wants his million dollar a bum paycheck. a million dollars to fight pirog? no thanks. he's lost the hunger and that's why pirog would probably tune him up. he's got the hunger.
              Last edited by daggum; 12-15-2011, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                so you only have to fight tough fighters to get to the top but once you get to the top its bum heaven? yes we all hate chavez jr and canelo because they fight bums but that doesn't mean sergio has to. sergio pretended to be different. he pretended to be the guy who would take on all challengers but nope he was just another fraud. worst part about it is he has the skills unlike chavez jr. chavez jr fights bums because he has to. he probably can't beat elite fighters. sergio can beat elite fighters but he's gone soft and won't risk it anymore unless its for huge money. he wants his million dollar a bum paycheck. a million dollars to fight pirog? no thanks. he's lost the hunger and that's why pirog would probably tune him up. he's got the hunger.
                I think he'd be foolish not to capitalize on his position, especially given where he came from. He gets knocked out, and he's back to being high risk/low reward himself, making peanuts at 35. All those tough fights he took were risky, but very rewarding for a guy like him.

Comment

Because he is clearly more skilled than the other fighters in the division. It's that simple. We want to see the best fights supposedly, although I'm realising more and more that people on NSB don't actually want to see good fights between the best, they only want to see their fighter beat anyone that they can pretend was good.

It's simple. Years ago, when Mayweather was coming up, people saw him and wanted him fighting the best guys straight away because you can see he's incredibly skilled. You want to see how he handles the best guys and how the best guys handle him. That's what boxing is about, to me at least. Maybe not to you guys that would rather see him in with Macklin.

Pirog is a great fighter and has proven his skills hold up against top contenders. I want to see how well it holds up agains the best in the division, just as I want to see how Martinez can handle it. I don't give a toss about Macklin. We have seen that fight before. Limited brawler, no punching power, Martinez wins easy possibly by late TKO. There is nothing new there, apart from the old adage of 'anything can happen in boxing' and Macklin's only chance is that that 'anything' does happen.

We don't know what will happen in the Pirog/Sexy fight. DOes that make anyone else want to see it?
                  Ummmm no........not really.

Comment

Working...
                  X