Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are some people anti-mac and some people are anti-windows?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are some people anti-mac and some people are anti-windows?

Both have different things that make them good in their own right. I like Windows when it comes to certain programs that look nicer looking and present more options on them. I like Windows because it has more games on it for computer gaming. I like Mac more because it runs better overall and gets next to no viruses even tho I have Sofos antivirus on it just to be cautious.

i owned pc's my entire life and after almost a year with a mac that i can understand completely why somebody would hate on pc's

computers with windows get viruses and slow down over time.
    macs do not.

there are no viruses for macs
    if you want to get something malicious onto your computer you've got to literally open it up and set it free

Comment

because brands are marketed as lifestyle choices these days.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        there are no viruses for macs
        if you want to get something malicious onto your computer you've got to literally open it up and set it free
        Thats why I like my Hackintosh. Linux sucks tho, even tho that doesn't get viruses its much more complicating to learn and it has an ugly interface. I tried a Mac and Windows theme on Linux and still hate Ubuntu(linux).

Btw, if I were you I'd still have antivirus on a Mac, anything can get viruses even if Macs have next to none on theme. I use Sophos Mac Antivirus.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
          Thats why I like my Hackintosh. Linux sucks tho, even tho that doesn't get viruses its much more complicating to learn and it has an ugly interface. I tried a Mac and Windows theme on Linux and still hate Ubuntu(linux).

Btw, if I were you I'd still have antivirus on a Mac, anything can get viruses even if Macs have next to none on theme. I use Sophos Mac Antivirus.

in my very limited understanding of the subject i've been led to believe that your standard internet surfing carries almost no risk whatsoever of compromising security on a mac

i could be wrong, but thats what i've heard from the sources i checked.

i'm lead to believe the "viruses" you can get require the user to enable them

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            in my very limited understanding of the subject i've been led to believe that your standard internet surfing carries almost no risk whatsoever of compromising security on a mac

i could be wrong, but thats what i've heard from the sources i checked.

i'm lead to believe the "viruses" you can get require the user to enable them
            Actually a mac is technically no less vulnerable to viruses than windows...it's just that people who write viruses generally don't target mac's because so many more people use windows...although that is changing and it has become a good idea to use antivirus software with them.

With a good windows anti-virus and and image backup software you are always out of harms way.

Why I prefer PC's over mac is that with mac you pay so much more for the hardware ...and let's just say the availability of windows vs mac warez make pc more frugal.
            Last edited by jaded; 10-19-2011, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
              Actually a mac is technically no less vulnerable to viruses than windows...it's just that people who write viruses generally don't target mac's because so many more people use windows...although that is changing and it has become a good idea to use antivirus software with them.

With a good windows anti-virus and and image backup software you are always out of harms way.

Whys I prefer PC's over mac is that with mac you pay so much more for the hardware ...and let's just say the availability of windows vs mac warez make pc more frugal.
              From my understanding, its also harder to program viruses for the Mac. So less little kids with no lives programming viruses.

Comment

Working...
              X