No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander vs. Purdy Now Set For May 18th Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexander vs. Purdy Now Set For May 18th Showdown

Both Golden Boy Promotions and Eddie Hearn have confirmed that a deal has been reached for Lee Purdy (20-3-1, 13KOs), the IBF's number four ranked contender, to challenge IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander (24-1, 13KOs) on May 18th at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. Alexander was scheduled to face mandatory challenger Kell Brook, also promoted by Hearn, but the boxer withdrew with a foot injury earlier this week. It was the third postponement for Alexander-Brook due to injuries.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If they go with mandos down the list, it's fine.... I prefer Carson though

Comment

Didn't realise Purdy was that highly ranked, but he's nowhere near experienced enough for Alexander. Good luck to him though I'll still be cheering him on.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie17 View Post
        Didn't realise Purdy was that highly ranked, but he's nowhere near experienced enough for Alexander. Good luck to him though I'll still be cheering him on.
        Pretty much my thoughts. Not quite the task of the other Hearn boys that have travelled to the US lately but still a big underdog.

Would love it if he pulled off an upset though.

Comment

Whew...glad this is the co-feature. Now I'll have enough time to sort socks before the main event comes on.

Comment

This is one thing I like about Eddie Hearn. He puts his fighters in for World titles etc.. even if they don't have a chance. This helps their name go out there, but also gives fighters faith in him.

Comment

lmao I called it!!!

They'll duck Carson Jones and figt somebody worse!!!!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Absolute horrific choice of opponent. Purdy looked almost on the verge of losing to Cosme Rivera's ghost before receiving a U.K stoppage gift.

Comment

sorry but to me this event took a big hit. Im loving the Pete-Lucas fight but it still sounded alot better when you knew you were getting 2 big time fights. Im speaking strictly on somene who was thinking about going to the event. Watching it on TV doesnt change it much but now Im not as hyped up about going to it as I was before

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Absolute horrific choice of opponent. Purdy looked almost on the verge of losing to Cosme Rivera's ghost before receiving a U.K stoppage gift.
                    yeah, Cunningham talking all that b.s. about Jones and his 9 losses but dont tell me he's not a much better opponent than this.

Comment

Working...
                    X