Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the word 'ni'g'g'ardly' censored on here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Those types"

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
      So 'darkslategray' is the trick to getting past the censorship. And for a second I just thought you used your Mod executive powers.
      The only things I regularly use my mod powers for is to IP check alts so that I can have them removed, or to delete duplicate threads.

Darkslategray has always been the way.

Comment

It's got more to do with the sound of the word rather than the meaning itself.

I'm not feeling this thread so I'll just honkingly make my way out of here.

difference in my attempt? My word doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          The only things I regularly use my mod powers for is to IP check alts so that I can have them removed, or to delete duplicate threads.

Darkslategray has always been the way.

Got it.

1_cap/1_Obj appreciates you for keeping him on the roster
          Last edited by cupocity303; 12-30-2012, 10:15 PM.

Comment

come on man thats fucked up

Comment

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                Why is the word 'ni'g'g'ardly' censored on here? "Niggardly" is not affiliated with the N-word or racist, and is a perfectly legitimate word.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/niggardly

I can see why some people find that word offensive. I once snapped on my wife for bringing home a Spic and Span spray bottle true story. I swear whoever invented that product is a racist.

Comment

I can see how it wouldn't be too difficult to turn this into a malapropism, and use the word inappropriately - but common. It's an official word and shouldn't be censored due to political correctness.

Comment

Try typing the name of the man who directed Do The Right Thing. ****e lee. That's the one that gets me.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                      Try typing the name of the man who directed Do The Right Thing. ****e lee. That's the one that gets me.
                      The sad fact is that a lot of racists don't know how to properly spell 'spic'.

That's why both variations of the word are censored.

Comment

Working...
                      X