Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler's Manager Fires Back: Andre Ward Held 88 Times!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
    He would'nt be allowed to do as much of these things if he fights in europe, which is a good thing. Come to europe Ward. Robberies are always a bad thing though and i dont want ANY BOXER to get robbed by the judges.
    You're are joking right? Wlad held 55 times in 3 rounds against Mormeck, Wlad holds a lot more than Ward but he gets a pass by most. The rules need to start being enforced, letting some fighters get away with constantly breaking them is ruining the sport. The holding slows the fight down and makes it boring because everytime the opponent goes to attack he his prevented from doing so by a cheat wanting to do the waltz with him.

Comment

Freedom always bumps the most useless threads. A wlad fan complaining about holding

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        Freedom always bumps the most useless threads. A wlad fan complaining about holding
        A Klitschko hater being a Ward fan?

At least Klitschko doesn't head butt and usually delivers an exciting KO of his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          As great as I think Ward is, I do think he get's away with far too much.

He holds a lot. Not only that but he holds, pushes and then does a lot of hold and hit stuff which simply isn't legal. He is very, very good at it, but he is allowed to do it far more than he should be.
          Correct.

He should be warned, points deducted, DQ'd etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Paine View Post
            You're are joking right? Wlad held 55 times in 3 rounds against Mormeck, Wlad holds a lot more than Ward but he gets a pass by most. The rules need to start being enforced, letting some fighters get away with constantly breaking them is ruining the sport. The holding slows the fight down and makes it boring because everytime the opponent goes to attack he his prevented from doing so by a cheat wanting to do the waltz with him.
            Yes, the rules are in place to deal with these foul tactics, the ref's just seem reluctant to use them.

Comment

Comment

I remember watching that fight live thinking Ward was intentionally head butting. Funny thing is Ward had the audacity to complain during and after the bika fight that bika was using his head. Smh diva status

Comment

Ward should have been DQed. That was just gross.

Comment

Kessler was pretty overrated imo. He was slow, flat footed and had absolutely no idea what do when a fighter got close to him. That was partly due to the fact that he only faced European fighters who didn't have inside games. He looked so bad against Ward, and I think he was stunned that another fighter was able get so close to him with such ease.

Comment

Working...
                    X